Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

A Blast from the Past.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Blast from the Past.

I have an original Shakeaspeare Sigma Wand 1880 in near mint condition, with its 3 undamaged tips & bag. Chrome rings, black whippings with gold tippings. £40 plus post or collect Berkshire
    John

What a wand it is.
    Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

Not sure of how much these Rods retailed at New so Is this a fair reflection of the price of these Rods? What size is the rod mate?

Comment

They were around £100 new, but the blank is amazing very good price.
        Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

there was no better wand than these and good ones in this condition are hard to find i fished with the origional designer of them and there action on shy biting roach and skimmers is superb this is a very good price for one would never sell mine

Comment

CRG, I will measure the rod if you want but its 2 piece with 3 different length tips so the length varies depending on which tip you use but its around 9 foot. This rod is from the eighties if I remember & had a real cult following amongst skimmer/ bream anglers because the tips were so sensitive & blended into the blank so well. It was designed I believe for the Gloucester Canal to show up the very shy bites. Anyway if it sells & somebody uses it again great if not I will keep it as it is a classic. cheers John
            John

Comment

Originally posted by trojan2000 View Post
              there was no better wand than these and good ones in this condition are hard to find i fished with the origional designer of them and there action on shy biting roach and skimmers is superb this is a very good price for one would never sell mine
              Steve, was the designer Max Winters?
              John

Comment

no steve webb although max could have had an imput it was webby and dave williams they were brill on gloucester canal which back then was roach fishing using 2 swan links and loose feeding bronze they also took there fair share of money on warwickshire avon by anglers like pete rice and richard kings every top angler had one in there holdall

Comment

Blimey Steve, your bringing back names of class anglers from way back I remember all of them but remember Dave Agass & myself watching Pete Rice on the Avon he was a class river angler. whatever happened to Sammy Mann?
                  John

Comment

he now plays golf webby fishes canals now and again i think dave packed it in completely ricey now only fishes commercials and so does kingo

Comment

Anyway apart from the history lesson this rod is still for sale, no offers as its a bit of angling history & worth every penny
                      John

Comment

Most of the OLD crowd are still around up here although most of us tend to fish Commercials
                        Steve is 1 of the few that still fishes Rivers .
                        When i am able i will be hopefuly joining him on a few River matches
                        Colin

Comment

no excuse now col park behind your peg now from peg 1 on town down to 80 on ferry good luck with sale john thats a bargain for someone

Comment

How much to post it?

Comment

Shark, I would dig out a tube for it & I guess postage £7-£8 so if you want it lets say £47.50, either cheque/bank transfer or payPal gift.

pm me your details & I will send you mine.

cheers John
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X