Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

North/south/midlands 2015 suggestions- what do you think?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North/south/midlands 2015 suggestions- what do you think?

Evening guys,
    That's it- all the gear is back in the shed- all done and dusted til my next trip.
    So, we're open to suggestions for next years inter regional weekender.
    It has been suggested to move it south next year- would there be enough interest form the north and midland teams to travel south next year and go to the north the following year?
    We've got the venues down here and me and the lads will personally show you some good pubs,steakhouses etc down here.
    If you want to keep it in the midlands what venues would you suggest?
    Larford match lake is provisionally booked for sept 5 2015 and I would look at somewhere like woodlands view or moorlands farm again for the Sunday.
    I've spoken to dawn at hotel shop and she's on the case in case it stays up there.

Remember this is your forum and your weekender (but it's our trophy!) haha
    So please let us know where you'd like to hold it and what your thoughts are
    Thanks
    Paul.
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Originally posted by paul k View Post
    Evening guys,
    That's it- all the gear is back in the shed- all done and dusted til my next trip.
    So, we're open to suggestions for next years inter regional weekender.
    It has been suggested to move it south next year- would there be enough interest form the north and midland teams to travel south next year and go to the north the following year?
    We've got the venues down here and me and the lads will personally show you some good pubs,steakhouses etc down here.
    If you want to keep it in the midlands what venues would you suggest?
    Larford match lake is provisionally booked for sept 5 2015 and I would look at somewhere like woodlands view or moorlands farm again for the Sunday.
    I've spoken to dawn at hotel shop and she's on the case in case it stays up there.

Remember this is your forum and your weekender (but it's our trophy!) haha
    So please let us know where you'd like to hold it and what your thoughts are
    Thanks
    Paul.
    Woodlands and Moorlands would be good need the DEANS pools at woodlands though the rest are crap!
    HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Maybe Hillview but its a slightly longer drive.
      Why is it organised for September? Would earlier in the summer be better or is that not possible?
      I will fish it next year,so well probably be last again,lol.

Comment

If you wanted to come down south I'm sure we could do colemans cottage and Tyler's common two great venues. Both are not to far off junction 28 m25.if you wanted to stay in the midlands maybe switch the areas slightly and fish barston,tunnel barn farm,Packington summers,lavender farm, the list is quite impressive that side of brum. But I think you would have to change hotels though as the travelling might be a bit to far in the mornings.
        Part of the all conquering inter regional winning team 2014.

Comment

If moving north it would have to be Tonys neck of the woods as we don't have the venues in the north west to be honest, the decent ones are all open venues at weekends.
          I am not worried where we go tbh but could not make it any earlier than September due to family holidays and the kids being off school, I'm sure most of the northern lads will travel but if anyone has any problems we could compromise and go to the Gloucester area, the have plenty of good venues.
          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Barston & Packington Somers

Cudmore & Heronbrook

Mallory Park & the Glebe

Lots of very good venues out there!!

I personally would not go back to Larford, not as a paying group anyway!
            Not if you take into account what went on behind the scenes on Friday afternoon with pegging, lakes being double booked, and the lies we were told.

We were given pegs 3,4 & 5 on arena.
            Friday afternoon whilst we were fishing the lake, a JCB came down to the waters edge and started dredging out the lake bed and building up the banks........ we had to change these pegs AGAIN as they were rendered unfishable..... hence the three pegs being put in behind the island on the Match Lake instead.

After agreeing the whole of Arena lake for TALK ANGLING use only, both on the phone and in person more than FEW TIMES, a group of lads (a couple days before our match) wanted to change their booking from the Speci Lake over to Arena Lake...... the rest you know!!! (despite the fishery staff claiming that the double booking on Arena had been in the dairy for months)

Due to this double booking AGAIN we had to change the pegging on the Burr Bank, intention was to have an angler, miss a peg, angler and so on, with the double booking on Arena we had to fit in another 6 pegs on the Burr Bank taking space away from us all.

For such a prestigious fishery holding the "biggest money match in angling" the wooden platforms are very poor indeed, the lack of disabled pegs is a disgrace........ and fishing the venue after a full weeks festival, the Match This Final & the Match This Teams event certainly does not help the sport.

With the likes of White Acres on my doorstep, maybe im spoit, however I feel that there are better venues out there that offer more than Larford.
            Last edited by ; 8 September 2014, 08:41 PM.

Comment

White acres ? Now there's a thought. If that was agreed the monkeys could hire a big van and share the cost and driving. I could hire it here as I'm the furthest north and pick lads up along the way. Steve, keggars, Clive. and hop across for Tony.
              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

I also saw first hand the dredging that took place in the pegs that we were to fish and I reiterate what Si has said about the messing about and the obvious disregard to the booking that had been placed!
                In my opinion and mine alone I'm not sure if I would want to fish larford again especially after 4/6 weeks of very heavy pressure which was clear to see by the "toxic green" colour of the water!
                It would be great if a venue wasn't always a carp dominated but I know there few and far between, I'm sure Barston would be a much better choice along with woodlands, packington summers, Cudmore the list goes on...

Comment

White acres would be good but it's busy in September and I don't think we would be able to fish matches on site. Plenty of cider though lol

Comment

Ah, now I didn't know any of the above about larford. That's not good. Right- that's them scrubbed off the list.
                    Would love to do white acres, but not sure we'd get enough- certainly not as many as we would in the midlands. I'm gonna have a ring around over the next few days and see about availability.
                    Keep the suggestions coming........
                    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

You could stop on site at hillview fish lakes one day and canals next. Still pretty central

Comment

Originally posted by paul k View Post
                        Ah, now I didn't know any of the above about larford. That's not good. Right- that's them scrubbed off the list.
                        Would love to do white acres, but not sure we'd get enough- certainly not as many as we would in the midlands. I'm gonna have a ring around over the next few days and see about availability.
                        Keep the suggestions coming........
                        Didn't know that either Paul.
                        Maybe mr Briscoe should be sent a copy of some of these posts, not that he would bat an eyelid..

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
                          Didn't know that either Paul.
                          Maybe mr Briscoe should be sent a copy of some of these posts, not that he would bat an eyelid..

Our money is in the bank already.... he wont care!!

If he cared the fishery would not be like it in the first place!!

Comment

That's well poor from Larford,so we move on then,i actually don't care where it is,im there....
                            OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Originally posted by MT NET View Post
                              That's well poor from Larford,so we move on then,i actually don't care where it is,im there....
                              I'll bell you tomorrow mate and we'll go through some options.
                              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Working...
                              X