Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

open match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• open match

is there any body living around the berkshire area interested in fishing a few little 15 peg opens?
    The venue is Finch farm Fisheries just on the outskirts of maidenhead/windsor. I had a chat with the owner today, and he is ok with it. I had a walk around the venue and there were a lot of carp moving around, and by the info i got from some of the people who were fishing there are some proper lumps in there.
    If any body is interested then you can have a look at it on there website, i have no idea of any dates yet, but would be able to put it together as soon as i can get the numbers
    please pm me if you fancy it
    cheers
    dave
    ps i havn,t fished the venue so i dont know how it fishes in match conditions,but it really looks like it could be worth a go.

Hi
    My name is Terry Swan, i am the match secretary for ealing fishing club, we have around 20 members.
    we founded in 1987.
    We have fished finch farm a few times, the pegs are very close together and its very hard in a match.
    As soon as the nets go in all the fish concrigate round the back of the island, if you go there pleasure fishing its a great place.
    You need to be drawn on the back island, you will get a few fish there, and the occasional lump s do show up and they are all good doubles.
    Can you let me know what days you want to run these matches, i might be able to round up a few people, we are only half hour away.
    I look forward to your reply.

Comment

finch farm

hi terry, thanks for your reply mate. At the present time i have not set any dates, to be totally honest with you i saw the place for the first time last week, and i was able to have a chin wag with the owner while i was there, and he was agreeable with me running a few matches. T he reason i set the figure at 15 was for the reason that you mentioned the tight pegging, I believe you could probably get a few more on, but then it might make it a nightmare for some. I will pm you my tel number and if you get the time gives a bell and we can sort out a date that will be siutable for you and your guys, at the present time i have about 7 who have said they will fish it, but we can sort that bit out over the next week or so
      regards
      dave

Comment

finch farm

thread cancelled due to the fact that i could not generate enough interest for the venue, apparently it fishes dire when there are a few bodies around the lake, a new venue has been secured and a new thread will be posted
        "upinthewater"

Comment

Working...
        X