Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

New Twyford League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Twyford League

A new 5 match, 40 peg league series of matches on the famous match length at Twyford Farm on the Warwickshire Avon sarts on sun 27th September.
    The entry will be £25 made up of £20 peg fees for the five matches, and £5 towards the final top 3 payout of £100, £60 & £40. Pools on the day will be £15, all paid out.
    The dates are: Set 27th, Oct 11th & 18th, Nov 22nd & Dec 13th.
    For further info contact Andy Burt on 07915 050944, or Phil Mazonnier on 01242 582270

hi avonman are the pegs still fishable and more important atre the roach still there .
    has anyone been there recently and which pegs would you head for for a days roach fishing thanks

Comment

with all that in mind I walked the stretch last sunday, and am happy to report that most of the pegs are fine, some a bit overgrown but nearer the date of the first match when they know how many's fishing they will be cleared. As for roach fishing, Steve Parrot was fishing 43 and having a bite a chuck on hemp, I would saty that there should be roach on most of the pegs. By the time of the league, chub will play a major part and both Steve and Andy Burt said that they had caught well last winter there, up to 30lb. As it has not been seriously match fished for around 10 yrs now there is an element of the unknown, but the signs look good so far.

Comment

brilliant news about time great match fishing venue for most species lets hope your right

Comment

im interested in the series is this the section that goes down to the de montford bridge and you have to enter through the evesham country park cheers

Comment

Yes, you enter thro' the Country Park, peg 125 is at the upstream end, and peg 1 is about 300yds above the de montfort bridge; the stretch in between is known as 'Georges meadow' and the start of the Wilmots water, I believe that these stretches arn't in on the league.

Comment

It would be great to see this venue 'up and running' again. Many fond memories of Tywford for me during the 90's. I enjoyed every match even though I always drew 'blanks' and never framed there. Plenty of good pleasure sessions though on the far bank chub!
              Last edited by bredonangler; 5 September 2009, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Tony Bench had 18lb in a couple of hours off peg 114, & I've heard of several other good bags, so it looks like there's plenty of fish in the stretch

Comment

Originally posted by Avonman View Post
                  Tony Bench had 18lb in a couple of hours off peg 114, & I've heard of several other good bags, so it looks like there's plenty of fish in the stretch
                  That's good news

Comment

I fished the stretch a few weeks ago and had an excellent days sport with chub and roach the main quarry....Fishing wise its still brilliant...BUT that lane down to the river needs some serious repairs...i nearly tore the sump from the car and my buddy damaged his exhaust...that was being careful!! ...anyone who has'nt been recently you have been warned...is there another access point? or has it been repaired within the last two months....if there is, or it has been...I will certainly be fishing the series, along with a few others....wagg,magg,stick and seed...fishing how it should be

Comment

i walked down that road to the river 2 weeks ago and i was still rougth then.

Comment

The state of that road is the one shame about the place, case of being careful I guess. Am going down for a pleasure sesh this weds, so will find out what it's like. If I learn anything will report back- at the moment there's been plenty of people hammer the chub on 114, but I intend to have a go on the straight (29-96) & see what's there, as I not heard any recent reports- has anyone else? I did see some roach coming out on the seed 2 months ago, but a lot can change in that time!

Comment

twyford

9 of us went down there a few weeks ago the road was hell and that was in dry conditions hope they sort it out soon.
                          could not belive the price of the day tickets though £6.00 maybe this is why its not fished that much??
                          top weight in five hours was 8lb which included a 5lb tench most of us struggled and some good anglers struggled for a 1 lb.

say all this its got such potential and i think its worth a go

Comment

Originally posted by Avonman View Post
                            The state of that road is the one shame about the place, case of being careful I guess. Am going down for a pleasure sesh this weds, so will find out what it's like. If I learn anything will report back- at the moment there's been plenty of people hammer the chub on 114, but I intend to have a go on the straight (29-96) & see what's there, as I not heard any recent reports- has anyone else? I did see some roach coming out on the seed 2 months ago, but a lot can change in that time!
                            Saw Dave Harrell on 33 the other day Trev,baggin up on caster and tares he was!
                            HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

£6:00 is a ridiculous price for a day ticket on a river, I heard it was a fiver, still a lot- Hampton Ferry's only £4:00 and Bewdley & Stourport are even less. It's not as though they have large capital investments to pay off like on a commercial, or even spend much on maintenance

Comment

Working...
                              X