Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

fishing matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishing matches

Please could any one tell me what is the difference between a charity open match and competition match. As we run charity match on Saturday because the prizes was not very big because of turn out.
    We are not being daflt, but it would be nice to hear other views on the subjet.
    Other charity match we have run we have had NO trouble . Thanks

its a sad fact of life that with the present economic climate.....charity's suffer and to be honest charity angling matches have been done to death over the last few years......as usual i dont know the answers....kevs seems to be doing best (and i sure dont have a problem with that ) mine didnt take off this year just a few stalwarts entered and of course i thank them for that...new formats are needed
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

fishing match

Thanks for your commetts. It was just some a---- having a dig, Butthe matches are done and dusted for this year. We did very well and got to our target. So we can not wait for next year and see what we can do. All the funds we raised goes towards our disabled projects.

Comment

what larry said is true ---it is a shame i fished many wen i was fit but it has run its course
        work is for people who cant fish---i want a job

Comment

just fished a charity match last bank holiday on the trent at holme marsh and winthorpe it was a sell out 112 pegs.i think next year will be different if that c#~p gets down to lower reaches
          nige cooke

Comment

You are always welcome at our matches. We have abit of fund on the day and the disabled anglers to and fish in comfortable evironment. There are disabled platforms for people in wheelchairs now. We have all the detials of the matches next year soon so keep looking. May i thank all of you that has support us in 2009, hope to seeyou in 2010. "PADS ARMY"

Comment

im not sure where you are from padsarmy.but we have a new fishery in the midlands called cobhouse farm....and its geared up very much with disabled in mind.next year when its cafe and amenitys open i think it will take some beating
              In darkness we do what we can
              In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

I am in Kent but the council are holding things up on the plannig permission side, But the owners have hopesn for next year.

Comment

Working...
                X