Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

New concept in fishing matches - worlds first online fishing match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New concept in fishing matches - worlds first online fishing match

Come on lads lets see if there is any interest in this one... the worlds first ever online fishing match...

I am not going to release all the details until the entry is closed. £5 entry and 100% payout, if there is enough entries then I will pay places.

Basic format is this - you enter and pay your £5 fee by paypal gift .... you will need the ability to make a 2 minute video and upload it to youtube.

Anyone interested in taking part?
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Sounds interesting. What does the video need to comprise of, and how is the winner picked?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

i organize a uk wide team competition for another forum and some the people that enter later say that the traveling distance is a problem. Also some don't enter for the same reason. I think fishing matches over the internet has a big furture in a variety of formats so count me in.

Also i'll put up a prize for the winner of a Halfbean Baits match pack worth £14.99

Comment

I'll ask again. How do you fish an online match?
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

enter and you will find out ...

Comment

Funny way of spending money.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Mike, might be better to buy a lottery ticket. lol
              John

Comment

i guess to provide details now might mean it could be easily rigged by a dishonourable angler (if that's not an oxymoron) so by not releasing full details oneabung is protecting competitors.

Comment

Some people have too much time to play with

Comment

Come on lads there might be a few more interested - once we get 10 then the competition details will be released - it will involve you filming yourself for 2 minutes (or getting someone else to film you obviously unless you have a tripod!) and the first competition will be HOW MANY FISH YOU CAN CATCH IN 2 MINUTES .... there will be no cheating as you will be asked to say some certain words to the camera at the start of the 2 minutes to be able to enter the competition. Obviously I will not release the 'certain words' before the competition starts.

So if we get 10 entrants then there will be £30 for 1st and £20 for 2nd - 3rd can have the Halfbean Baits (thanks for the contribution)

So do we have some entrants for the first ever online fishing match??
                    Simon Young
                    Admin

Comment

3rd can have the Halfbean Baits (thanks for the contribution)
                      Do you mean the company or just the 'pack worth' £14.99 lol

To be honest the concept is flawed to say the least, err - how many fish can you catch in two minutes - Ray Mumford would have managed many more than any carp soup anglers would do with carp - but that's way before most of the posters on here would know )
                      Last edited by greenbank; 15 June 2012, 07:47 PM.

Comment

what, can you just sit on any peg on any venue then?

Comment

Guess 10 people not have signed up for this then

Oneabung, how on earth did you think this would work?? As R Law said - can you just post a you tube vid' up from ANY peg on ANY venue.

Comment

Yes you can choose your own peg - I thought it would be interesting to see people trying different things .... come on lads we must have a few that are interested - how about if we scrap the entry fee and I will put the prizes up myself BUT ONLY IF WE GET 10 people who enter and actually submit an entry (i.e. upload a video).... come on its only 2 minutes out of your lives!
                            Simon Young
                            Admin

Comment

How does it work when your fish takes longer than 2 minutes to get in?
                              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                              X