Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Bristol Docks Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol Docks Match

Ray123 and Creepy are going to organise a match in the Bristol Docks.There are 20 pegs available and it will be a pole only match.The date I have available is 27th July
    There are all the usual species in here plus MULLET upto 3 and half pound.If you are interested please post below
    Last edited by Brian G; 26 May 2008, 01:58 PM.

use the feeder and tip,by all means,but when we fish at night,we only normally use the pole.
    talk anglings villiage idiot:p

Comment

try looking at Learn to fish, professional angling tuition, fishing lessons, fly casting. or VisitBristol - Bristol's official tourist information site. for a map try www.englandspast.net/education/trail. when it says turn right after 800 yards,try about 1 mile,and turn right by the 7-11 shop.park up and walk onto the docks.this is the baltic wharf stretch.look out for the big sculpture of a hand ,and your in the right place.oh,and the other anglers might be a clue!!

Comment

i was confused as well by the first one!! go on the site,scroll down and click on day ticket waters!!

Comment

august 10th is talk angling charity match
          In darkness we do what we can
          In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

july 27th then !!

Comment

i write up the results from the thursday night starlite matches,either the same night or the next day.the fishing in the docks at present is good,but like most places,we are plagued by the dreaded cormorants and the boats as well.we do not have bloody great new orleans steamers,but we do share it with a prolific boating fraternity.i will speak to the docks harbourmaster,and see if we can have the docks for a day.there is a pub,about 100 yards downstream from where we will be fishing.i will see if we can have a breakfast there.they also have a car park.the pub is called the cottage inn,and is a very well known pub.the docks is about 15 foot in depth,but in one stretch its about 8 foot.we normally fish the pole at two lenghths,5m and 10 metres.the first line(5m)is the inside line,and we normally feed caster and hemp,for the roach.the 2nd line (10m)is usually about 15-18 foot deep,and we normally ball in.usual fish that are caught are roach,common bream,skimmers,dace,perch,bleak,eels,flounder(hone st),tench,carp,mullet,almost everything !!if i can help anyone,with anything,then just send me a pm.cheers creepy.

Comment

Names so far then......

1 creepy
                2 Ray123
                3 Lewis1990

Comment

have just returned home after my best ever pleasure session.i caught well over 30lb of skimmers,perch,dace,roach,and had 4 big bream,all over 4lb easy!! all caught at 10 metres in 15 foot of water.single caster,about a foot overdepth,to combat the wind.

Comment

Working...
                  X