Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Char fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Char fishing

does anyone have any advice on char fishing in the lake district ? , I have a small boat and was thinking about trolling for char and does anyone fancy a trip ?

Hi John, I was just looking at your post from last year. Did you ever get out? From memory when I was a kid some 50 years ago Char stay deep down so I would be interested if you caught anything by trolling? I now live in the South Island of New Zealand and what a mate of mine does here for the trout in the lakes is fish with a down rigger which is an 18lb weight thats lowered down to what ever depth you want with the line attached to it on an elastic band which breaks when there is a fish strike and the fish comes up to the surface for the fight. It means that you can troll really deep down where the fish are. My mate who fishes that method out fishes me with surface trolling ten fold! Any way good luck! Tight Lines, Ralph.

Comment

Working...
    X