Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

The Best Angling Holiday ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Angling Holiday ever?

What was the best angling related holiday you ever had and why?
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

WHITE ACRES IS THE BEST. 13 coarse lakes 2 speci. 3 matches in 7 days but your only aloud to fish 2 if u are a good angler u go on monday match if ya not so good go in wednesday and the thursday match is rover where u pick your peg. i like it because there are so many pegs to choose from for all types of fishing. there is twin oaks to fish pellet on top or down edge there is pollawyn to fish the feeder to island there is sycamore or eery to fish dog biscuit on top and there is python for f1s galore and is stuffed wiv silvers. look at there web Fishing holidays in Cornwall at White Acres i think

Comment

the thursday match has 80+ in and the monday or wednesday has 40+ most weeks

Comment

Standing in the little River Blackwater near Ballinamore, Eire. In the Spring with roach about 1lb apiece brushing against my waders and catching them continuously for several hours each day! My best few days fishing ever! Never there at the precise right time in subsequent years!
        John - Kingfisher
        Talk Angling Senior Member
        Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Just had great week fishing at Grange Farmhouse.It's at Maltby-le-marsh,3 miles inland from Mablethorpe Lincs.
          Accomodation is caravans(which are like palaces) or en suite appartments in converted stables at very reasonable prices.
          Fished 5 days 2/3 hr spells and had a total of 136 carp(commons,mirrors and leathers)plus a small spattering of tench,rudd and roach.
          Nice easy fishing,using nothing but power top 2 of pole with either pellet or bread flake on hook.
          Fish up to 12lbs.
          Tackle Shop and pub that does meals either lunchtime or evening within 2 mins walk,so everything thats needed is on hand.
          Would have no difficulty in reccommending this holiday to anyone.

Comment

Yes I know a freind of mine that goes to that one and he loves it and catches loads of fish.
            Simon Young
            Admin
            Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
            web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Without doubt the best angling holiday I have ever had was in India fishing for mahaseer. I fished the Cauvery in South India and in the rivers Beas and Sutlej in Himachal Pradesh, right in the foothills of the himalayas. I also fished maharana pratap sagar. I didn't manage my target species but the experience was fantastic.
              Forget paying £2000 a week with an angling company and use the governement rest houses at about a pound a night.
              Although I didn't catch a mahaseer I did catch carp, catfish, trout and other local species.
              I have also fished in Thailand which again is excellent.

Comment

not had a fishing holiday but going to south devon next august hoping to take my fishing gear with me so i will being asking for some places to go nearer the time. i genarelly go on a charter boat when go on holls as there supply rods and bait

Comment

I would say the best angling holiday i ever had is the one i have every year !!
                  I own a caravan down in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire and it right next the the good old fenland drains.
                  Pophams, 16 foot, 20 foot, the willows etc etc, i`m sure some of you out there know what i`m on about.
                  Its near a place called three holes, near upwell and March.
                  Its the best free fishing ever, get up at the crack of dawn, fish till dusk , then off to the pub at night.
                  What more could you ask for.
                  Caravan has everything from shower, tv , dvd, video, running water, electric, if it wasnt so bloody cold in winter i`ll consider staying there - anything to get away from the missus !!!!

Comment

Has to be canada the frazer river sturgeon fishing you can read it in my blog if your interested. I think its the best value for money holiday i have ever booked and i go somewhere different every year. we booked with this company but there is loads doing it Sturgeon Fishing in British Columbia they take care of everything for you.

My god they just sacked allardyce not another manager.
                    [url]www.topfishingtackle.co.uk[/url]
                    [url]www.ukfishingforums.co.uk[/url]

Comment

for me it must be docklow pool's situated on the A44 between Leominster and Bromyard it got to be the best fishing holiday for me.. it a place were it is back to basics no pellets just basic bait's sweetcorn meat maggot's caster's bread and the fish is fantastic. the lake's are lovely and the welcome you get from the owners is very nice and the people who you meat also. i am going again this yr this time i am hoping to win the match they do in the mid week and out do the bro he won last yr i came second well i am hoping to
                      Last edited by baging up art; 9 January 2008, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X