Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Article 47--£50,000 fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article 47--£50,000 fine

Has anyone got any information on "ARTICLE 47" with regard to new European control regulations on sea angling. I realise this seems a bit out of place on a freshwater forum, but I'm sure plenty of you like to "have a bash" on your annual fortnight by the seaside, like I do.
    As I understand it all R.S.A. (Recreational Sea Angling) catches including your average holiday makers spinning or feathering for mackerel and bass or float fishing for mullet off the beach/rocks/pier/harbour have to be included in the total U.K. catch quota, which is set by Brussels, to include all the commercial catches by trawlers, long lines, drift nets, etc. and charter boats which includes your 2or3 hour mackerel trip and your 8 hour deep sea or wrecking trip. Failure to register even the smallest catch could result in a £50,000 fine.Any info or comments please!
    I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

try this.The Forums of Pike and Predators and Coarse Angling Today
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

The UK media totally got this one, surprise!

The rod and line angler has nothing to fear from the EU, and this legislation will not hamper you in any way. The article was discussed some time ago on Tightlines, so you might try their wonderful website and see if you find the coverage their. Failing that, try our new champions, The Angling Trust, this is right up their street.

Cheers...Mark
      Can't catch enough.....

Comment

Only 1 comment on this......who the hell is gonna pay a £50,000 fine....id have all on paying a £5 fine
        [CENTER][B][U]Fishing is a lifestyle, not a hobby !![/U][/B][/CENTER]
        [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
        [CENTER]:)[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
        X