Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Otters - The Facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Otters - The Facts

The recovery of otters in the UK is impacting inland fisheries through predation. The situation is complex, and it is not clear why some waters have not been affected, even though otters are present. This document summarises our current knowledge and is intended as a starting point for further work.
    http://www.anglingtrust.net/news.asp...=29&itemid=633
    Last edited by Brian G; 18 October 2010, 01:43 PM.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Which document?

Comment

Apparently there is a number of otters in every county in the UK.
      I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
      He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Sounds encouraging to me.
        Nature will find it's own level of bio-diversity and even things up itself if left undisturbed.
        The fact that we as humans virtually wiped this species out in the first place is the crime, not the re-introduction of it.
        There are to be no-more releases into the wild from what i gathered from the report so eventually nature will find a balance.
        The fact some fisheries are not being impacted upon could be due to the fact no Otters are resident within that area as i believe they are very territorial.
        On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Er does an otter eat more fish than your average eastern euopean ? and do they leave more mess ?

Comment

your no otter judging by yr result on sat of the best peg on the bonsia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            stainforth angling full of loving for all ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Chubb Tamer View Post
              your no otter judging by yr result on sat of the best peg on the bonsia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              where is bonsia????????????????????? is it near Stainforth????????????? hehehehehe evening tamer

Comment

Some of the views on this site regarding the native natural predators' effect on commercial fishing is nothing short of ridiculous.

It's like saying " The police are ruining driving becuase we can't go past schools at 90mph "

The sooner you nature-haters realise all you/we are doing is supplying them with an easy source of food, the better you will sleep at night!
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung View Post
                  The recovery of otters in the UK is impacting inland fisheries through predation. The situation is complex, and it is not clear why some waters have not been affected, even though otters are present. This document summarises our current knowledge and is intended as a starting point for further work.
                  Otters - The Facts - The Angling Trust

Instead of copying and pasting pocket emptying nature hating guff off the internet, why don't you judge a winner for your 'competition' ?
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
                    Instead of copying and pasting pocket emptying nature hating guff off the internet, why don't you judge a winner for your 'competition' ?
                    Have you even bothered to read the report? I have and cant see anything that attacks the otter in fact emphasises the fact that it is a protected species.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X