Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Facebook competition

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook competition

Hi All...

Here is the latest competition from Talk Angling

If you have a facebook account no doubt a few of your friends are fellow anglers! So all I want you to do is put a post onto your facebook saying the following (where it says USERNAME then replace with your username).... feel free to adjust the text to suit -

I am a member of the following angling website and it has one of the best chat forums for anglers if you love fishing join me and register at http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/register.php my username is USERNAME so when you join make sure you put me down as your refferer.

When people register if they put you down as the person who recommended they join the site then I can look up the statistics - The person who gets the most NEW MEMBERS to join Talk Angling through their Facebook will win £30 worth of Yorkshire Baits products, Second place will get £20 worth.

The competition will run up until the end of December 2010 so plenty of time for everyone to get all your friends to join Talk Angling..... plus if you dont have a facebook account just email your friends and hassle them to join the site !!!! As long as they put your username down as the person who recommended they join then thats a vote for you!!!!

If you have taken part please post on this thread so I know to check your username for registrations.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

I've posted on my wall, But can't find where it says STATUS

Comment

There is no referer field

Comment

Hi Simon, I've put a post on my wall today.

Comment

When someone NEW registers on the site they do definately get a field asking them for their refferer. If you are already a member you will not see that field.
          Simon Young
          Admin

Comment

Does it have to be through facebook?

Comment

No it doesnt have to be through facebook.... also I cannot allow the name 'username' - I will have to change it for you to something else. Please PM me your alternative name.
              Simon Young
              Admin

Comment

Why can USERNAME not be used?

Comment

pasted

i have pasted to my facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by USERNAME View Post
                    Why can USERNAME not be used?
                    Because you cant Mr Carpstalker why do you need another name

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Brian G View Post
                      Because you cant Mr Carpstalker why do you need another name
                      RATS! Rumbled!

And I would have got away with aswell if it wasn't for that pesky IP address!

It wasn't as underhand as you might think.....I was hoping that there would be a few users that enter the comp might forget to overwrite the word USERNAME when posting/tweeting/FB'ing or emailing thier entries or requests to friends. This would have given USERNAME a few refferals.

In any event, had USERNAME had won, the prize would be going the same way any other £30 prize I might win on here would...freebies for the TA youngsters. So don't shoot me just yet
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Sounds like a Scooby Doo plan that mate.
                        On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Come on chaps anyone else putting this on their facebook??
                          Simon Young
                          Admin

Comment

all done put on facebook by champion_poleman..got to try and win something..
                            :D [url]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/url] :D
                            [url]www.marukyu.co.uk[/url]
                            [url]https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Deans-sponsored-blogs/276058322491717[/url]
                            [url]http://www.dt-floats.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Posted it up simon!
                              [B][COLOR="blue"]"QUALITY AND VALUE HANDMADES AT THE RIGHT PRICE"[/COLOR][/B]

[B][SIZE="7"][COLOR="blue"]'I.L FLOATS'[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Working...
                              X