Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Portland Grange Flintham in Notts Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland Grange Flintham in Notts Results

Hi Guys/Galls,

As promised yesterday the of our trip to Portland Grange.

My Bath is running as I type this report, I have a cup of hot T a bar of chocolate from under the tree so I'am about to go into meltdown. The
    bones have been chilled well and truly today at the Grange, I will never believe another weather man again lying B*****Ds, remenisent of Barston without the frost butthis time I did catch. Arrived at 7.00am dark and early another two cars pulled up behind us, gate locked OH no but with thre lakes to choose from we stood a good chance of getting in first on the new lake which we had decided to fish for the very first time. Gates unlocked at 7.30am so out of the starting blocks we raced, fumbling about in the dark we had a quick recky aroung the lake and chose two pegs at the very far end of the lake out of the wind (HA HA HA HA) or so we thought, pegs 21 and 22 looked promising, so I dumped me tackle in 21 and Worm master (Terry) settled for 22. Baliff made an early apperance Oh no we thought this dont look good, he said there was a match on but only a 10 pegger and were we had pitched he was ok with Phew what a blessing, the lake in question is a sort of double horse shoe with central islands some cracking pegs on it, the match guys turned up shortly after us and the remaining pegs 20 around to 10 were soon filled up with the pleasure men. So brolley up first as the rain started to spit know this is were it got interesting we did not have enough rope between us to strap everything down, out with the plummit and a nice 4' depth was accepted fishing at 9 Mtrs, my chosen method on the day was 3mm ringers loose fed and red maggot on the hook, first put in and only waited for 5mins and the float was buried, this was the pattern for the next hour give or take a min or two and twelve carp in the bag, I glanced across into peg 22 and things were not looking good, Worm master(Terry) had chosen chopped worm and caster with worm on the hook his preffered method one of which he is very good at but not today , he had one roach after two hours of fishing and that was his lot for the day after being battered with every element possible the God could throw at us. I kept my carp coming all but steady now sticking to the red maggot and pellet feed Terry tried several methods but to no avail . So I ended my stint with 27 Carp all around the 1Lb plus mark . The other guys fishing were not having such a good day either, several of the match anglers packed up early and they cut their match short by 1 hour as the conditions did not help. Top weight in their match was 19lb caught on the small maggot feeder chucking between the island. So it was for me and for Terry.
    Must wrap up now the water is running down the stairs and I new another brew.

Thanks for sharing my BLOG
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Thats the weirdest thing Bill, Me and me mate went today he,s sacked up on Roach about 35lb on choppy and caster and i,ve struggled on the pellet. I had to resort to the lead to save face

Comment

Hi Woody,

Very strange day indeed. I was hoping to try me new reel out today but were we picked the pegged just did not allow it. Did you get the weather the same terrible conditions after pm bait presentation was very difficult. Wont tell me mate terry that your buddy sacked up it will only make him feel worse poor sod stuck it out for one lousy roach.

><((((?>

Comment

It was quite sheltered on the pegs we chose, the only drawback being the colours dropped right out of it and it was about 4ftish. I,ve had some fish!!, about a dozen skimmers around the 1.5lb mark a couple of small tench and some roach. The big lads aint coming to the pole even in the deeps. I,ve got a match on it tomorrow and if its still blowing a hooly its gonna be straight lead and corn fa me!!

Comment

Best of luck tomorow then Woody. That was just a trial run then. Strange that you mention corn because when we arrived yesterday I looked into one of the waste bins and there as a tin of used corn tell tale sign sometimes it can work but when I had them going from the off thought I would stick it out, maybe should have tried a little to get the better stamp of fish, hindsight is a wonderful thing Woody so follow yours today. I type this as the rain and wind is lashing against the windows with some venom surely hope it subsides before your match mate. The time is 2.35 am and the grand child is sleeping after her bottle and I have my cup of T to kill my craving hence the early morning type. Tight lines mate have a good one.

><((((?>

Comment

I,m trying to decide what excuse to use for a bad perfomance?. Was it because i was on the shallowist peg on the pool, I couldn,t see my rig because of the wind, I spent too long on the tip, I lost 2 lumps at the net. Anyway a poor 23lb won it and i couldn,t get in the frame with 17lb of skimmers. Me mate Moony reckons they must have been spawning

Comment

Woody you certainly did not discrace yourself, terrible condition so 17lb aint bad mate, but the two lumps could have won it for you.

Thanks for the update.

><((((?>

Comment

Working...
              X