Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Lindholme Lakes 4.01.07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindholme Lakes 4.01.07

Hi Guys / Galls,

As promised my blog re - Lindholme lakes:

Our day started bright and early, we left Mansfield at 6.30 and M1-M18 no problems, steady run so arrived at Lindholme around 7.30 just a dawn was breaking, a trip to the bait cabin to pick up our loose feed pellets and a general disscusion as to which lake we would fish. Takeing the strong wind into consideration we opt out of fishing Bonzai very open so we decided to try Laurel, there had been matches on both lakes the day previous and 40lb was mentioned regarding Laurel. So a steady walk aroung the lake to find the best pegs out of the wind, I hasten to add we opted for comfort finding pegs 40 & 41 well sheilded from the wind and the lake in this particular bay was like a mill pond. I fished 40 and Wormmaster fished 41, the odd fish was topping whilst we were setting up engouraging signs. I fed two lines one at 9 Mtrs and one at 4 Mtrs just at the side of an overhanging bush, well the 4 mtr line was the more productive, having started at 9 mtrs with maggot and fed pellet with no responce, I baited my 4 mtr line and after a good hour decided to fish at the side of the bush (4 mtr) but i changed from maggot to double caster and straight away landed me a Rainbow Trout around the 1.5lb mark, and this set the pattern for the day with only two fish caught on the 9mtr line one Trout and one Ide, I finished up with 17 Trout and one Ide a guesstimate weight of around 26lb, It really was tough going we were very disspointed that no carp or other species were showing, it was as though the Trout were getting in first, IMHO I think they have put the Trout in to boost the winter weights, but boy can they fight like hell they really do give the pole a good rapping when you play them. Of the 17 that I managed to land I must hold my hands up and confess to loosing another 13 in the bargin yes I was livid could easily had 40 lb but they fight all the way to the net. The rain stayed away which was a blessing, Terry (wormmaster) ended up with 12 Trout,one Ide, two perch but he to lost around 8/10 fish. We both said that we wished we had fished Bozai to get a better selection of fish. Only around six lads on the lake well spread out did not get chance to speak to any of the other lads as we finished at 4.30 (drops dark quick) . We both wondered what the lake will fish like in the summer it will be awesome with the Trout and Carp and when the Trout are a little bigger they will really give you a run for your money, just wonder if they are growing them on before they put them in the Trout lake?? can you imagine guys fishing the pole with a hair rigged fly in the summer months .

So we had a reasonable day out, and thank you for taking the time to read my blog.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Weldec, good blog mate.

I have fished trout lakes previously, using any method. I also used to run matches on a trout lake in winter. The fish increased in size by about 8oz. I also recall a Hull lad had one out using one of the bolognese rods, that you extended. It weighed 12lb 3 oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigpellet
      Weldec, good blog mate.

I have fished trout lakes previously, using any method. I also used to run matches on a trout lake in winter. The fish increased in size by about 8oz. I also recall a Hull lad had one out using one of the bolognese rods, that you extended. It weighed 12lb 3 oz.
      Hi Mate ,

Thanks for your comments, this is not really a trout lake they were only included this year to boost weights, I feel they will be removed come the summer it is predominantly carp, still it makes for good sport.

><((((?>

Comment

I think you will find that Neil G removes them, maybe even allows his regulars to take a few for the pan as the better weather gets nearer.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Brian thats what Neil told me by mail today after I emailed him to give him our report on our days fishing, he said he would like to know how we got on. very nice gent with an outstanding complex very clean and tidy, cant wait to go back. We have got two matches on there this year one on Bozai and the other on Loco. Very strange feeling though catching Trout on the pole they really do rattle the tip, grey Hydro was put through it's paces coped admirably with it though.

><((((?>

Comment

Some of you lads on here should try and get tickets for the Lindholme Fishomania as I will definately be there - and yes it does fish alot lot better in the summer..

Neil does take the trout out - personally I dont like fishing for them.

Great report and glad you had a good day out there!

Any time you guys want a day out at Lindholme let me know an we can meet up.
            Simon Young
            Admin
            Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
            web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Used to catch trout on the pole years ago when Billy Makin stocked his pools to get around the close season. Very splashy jumpey things but when ever I went u had to put them back.
              I think a lot the early commercials used to stock with trout to avoid a barren 3 months when the close season was still in force.
              [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

trout

cant understand when course fisheries moan about Pike and Wels catfish,then stock Trout into waters,Trout are also predators,im presumeing rainbow trout in lindholme lakes? a none sexed farmed fish that doesnt breed! usually culprits for disease to course fish.anyway is they any Cats in lindholme?

Comment

Simon,

I feel another great T/A match on the cards. Would love to meet up again me and Wormmaster would take kindly to another day at Lindholme great fishery.

><((((?>

Comment

Working...
                  X