Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Lacklustre at Lindholme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lacklustre at Lindholme

We had a good start to the day opted for Bonzai, fished on far side near the fields, are they in the 20's?, we fished in near the corner pegs, so we would have the wind on our backs and very windy it was to. 100lb was won the day before on the oposite side to were we fished but it as very boggy and the wind would be in our clocks. Anyway started off ok two carp in the first two drops came in to fish 3/4 way out on the bottom with pellet and a fish every put in, thought i would give the swim a rest and fish close in for a while, changed my top three with shorter rig on and thats when the happened, whilst changing over the wind blew my pole roller over it was that strong and broke my number 4 section, very clean break, anyway the guy in the next peg to me was Andy Rawson he is fishing in the semis of the Angling times next Saturday, he came over and slipped the top broken section through bottom section and it was fishable again although it took the edge of me day but one good turn deserves another about two hours prior to that Andy's number 5 and 6 sections were blown into the water, he managed to drag them back into the side with his pole only to see them sink 2ft out, so we tried in vain to retreive them with our landing nets but to no avail, so Andy got his kit off and waded out and was lucky enough to retrieve them much to his relief. So I have aradilte and now it is a permanent fixture job well done but brand new pole it takes the edge of it a little,so may need a new number 4 section as i have only the one, so anyone got any suggestions Maver Messiah number 4 section needed so thats when the fishing dried up for me, my mate wormmaster was catching steady all day. Came home driving through Donny and some ran into the back of me van hit my tow bar and bent it upwards stopping the back doors opening this we found out when we arrived home, no apparent damage when the guy hit us, He never got out of his car to check the damage to his, I got out and he look at me in amazement I checked that back end and no apparent damage and off he went, no one wants to get involved nowadays good job I had the tow bar fitted, peak time traffic chaos everywere. So it took the edge of my day .

So at 8.30 am i was yb 2.30 pm i was and at 4.45pm i was and .

Many Thanks for listening to my woes.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

o dear m8 you did have a bad day sorry to hear that i hope you get your pole fixed.

Comment

Billy boy
      I should bin that pole it seems you cannot go a day out without breaking it. it will be all of 5m long by the time you have telescoped all the broken sections.

mind you it could make you Chang if you keep breaking it come September
      [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]You are only as good as your last mistake[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Hi Nick,

Your a slow reader that was posted back in March mate. Yep i have had a couple more breakages since that day, got to get it sorted for Boldings mate.

Bye the way what was your weight on Saturday .

CHANG

Welcome aboard mate if we keep this up we can have a good turnout with the Notts lads.
        Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
        ><((((?>
        .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

Working...
        X