Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

More from Loopyhead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More from Loopyhead.

My Match

Another result???

So Mike all the rigs are now HITL now!

I used it at Lindhole last week but couldnt get it to work any better than the normal rig - any advice on why this is or is it just better on particular days in particular conditions?
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

For the last 3 matches (since the latest blog), I haven't been able to win a bean, purely because I haven't been able to hold the pole.

Other people have also tried the rig and failed. I think that the main thing is to fish either dead depth or just (and I mean just) off the bottom (less than 1 inch off the bottom).

Comment

What line and hook are you using for the HITL now, I think I read before you were using 0.13 with a gamakatsu - is that right ... and do you think that the way the loop itself is tied makes a difference (what I mean by that is the loop hangs differently with different knots)
        Simon Young
        Admin

Comment

Using .12 Fox Match plus or .13 preston powerline with either a Gamakatsu pellet or a Kammie 911 eyed (must admit, prefer the gama - finer wire).

I tie a double overhand knot to make the loop. that is about it.

Comment

Might seem like a stupid question Mike but do you think the way you put the pellet onto the hook with this method makes a difference - do you bury the hook and do you think it is better to hook it like a "beer barrel standing up" or a "beer barrel lying on its side" if you know what I mean.
            Simon Young
            Admin

Comment

Oneabung, always hooked my pellet the same way. Barrel on it's side, irrespective of the way the rig has been made up. Plus, also always bury hook unless they're havin' it!!

Comment

Mr Herringbone.

Aint it about this time of year when you block up everyones E-mail?

I'll ask Harry if he's got any Jokes to send you....lol.

Comment

Woodlouse, don't do that. I had Rog Mortimer, someone from Shakeyspears and that Liz Hobbs bird ringing me at work. Apparently I sent about 5,000 e-mails in a couple of days. The Joke was funny at first, but after reading the same joke about 5oo times, the fun soon wore off.

How you doin' ont' canal.

Comment

I know how many you sent because i had them all....

Comment

Working...
                    X