Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

my trips to sherwood fishery's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my trips to sherwood fishery's

got to sherwood(sherwood lake) bright and early(7am) managed to get a swim oppsite the reed bends,got setup pretty quick as i saw carp doing the high jump near me got me pole out to 14.5mtrs on pellet(4mm)well over an hour passed and not a bite on pellets or maggots so i thought whats going on hear then,thinking im gonna blank yet again,i switched to my trusty waggler rod,chucked double maggot on and would you adam and eve it struck straight into a nice skimmer,then a 2lb'ish bream and agian and again,so i thought hmm shall i try the pole again in the same spot,one hour or so later nothing so back to the rod and BANG hit into a carp woohoo first ever carp only about 2lb or so but blimey they can fight hard in all i got over 60lb (need bigger scales i think) of mixed fish bream carp roach skimmers.so to end my blog why did my pole fail and my rod won the day??

Hi Rick,

A good waggler day mate . What were you feeding, did you try a shorter line midway?. Were you on the deck? or mid water?
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

tryed everything mate pellet 4mm 6mm mid depth, bottom you name it i tried it, but on the rod, fished bottom which was on 3ft deep and they where snapping the maggotts up all day.
      i did try shorter lines and even the margins as well,cant see why the pole did'nt win over prestention ect and not as nosiey as a waggler crashing into the water

Comment

Rick you have to put it down to one of those days mate at least you caught, nice to always have another option
        Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
        ><((((?>
        .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

Rick they may just have been coming to the splash of the waggler, why do carp come to the sound of water being cupped in, they think its feed and the same for tapping the pole tip on the water.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X