Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Portland just short off alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland just short off alaska

well it happen the invite day from Weldec and Wormaster arrived.so i leaves Birmingham at 5.30 am to get to the meet at 7.15am. no problem well on time and i am sitting waiting for this pair to arrive. They weren't late well they wouldn't be they only had to do 20 mile.They drive on to the meet car park like the trotters weldec waving to me and wormaster trying to see through all the tackle but i get the gist of it follow me i think the hand signals mean.Down the road we go now you have to remember we are already in the sticks and now we going further of the beaten track its really in the out back.Ten minutes were there..cant wait to get at this breakfast i am starving pulls round the corner and wow this clubhouse is gonna be special....when its built the foundations are the best i seen bar none.But who cares great company and the fishing i quote .... peter you will bag up its phenomal fishing ... so the car doors are opened and i just seen a flash Terry is off like a rat up a drain pipe puts his bag down on peg 12 ill have this one nothing special about it he says...so i turn to bill and he is off the other side of car and straight on to 13.this will do me he says...well i am thinking ill have 14 then shell i... so now no brekkie and just been stitched up with pegs ohhh an i forgot to mention i have had 2 days of teeshirt weather.and now its blowing in from siberia cold aint the word, cutting nose dripping stuff i am wrapped up more than i did in winter but the fishing is gonna be so hot....Remember Bill told me so.here we go then all fishing i had some small fish bill had one ..Terrys white hydro is fully extended a sight which i was getting used to proper fish he is having then Bill takes me on a tour...little did i know he is trying to dodge the bailiff we walked all round in and out of bushes ditches.... over fences and finally back to our pegs hotly pursued by a nice guy the owner, so are dues were promptly paid ( i did ok here say no more )back to the fishing i had a few more small stuff but was enjoying my self Bill had 2 lumps and what can i say about bonehillstars apprentice more white hydro, Bills swim dried up a little i was still having little chublets and as happy as Larry ...ha ha ha i like that one.... white hydro is still there bagging

Then Ducky hooks a duck.. closely followed by mommy duck well what can i say i go and help him and the duck swims off no worse for his experiance ohh and more white hydro i am seriously getting neck ache now
    i have to admit it wasn't Bills fault the duck was just soft in the head, well we put the world to rights while Wormaster really tested his white hydro at the end of the day i was done up like a kipper and Bill was battered like a fish finger but well worth it we had a great time... not as great as the wormaster though who had over 40 fish most of them 3lb ( somat else strange about these two northern boys they have little books and keep writing stuff in them )so they packed away said there farewells and off they went i had another hour to miss the traffic packed away and off i went as well......... but where...where was i where am i ... i missed the traffic ok i missed everything i am sure i seen a sign for Doncaster 8 miles went back via Nottingham Leicester and Coventry (dont ask me about it )
    what a great day Nice one Terry nice one Bill cant wait for the next one
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Sounds like a fun day pete
    think you should plot your revenge

Comment

Hi Peter,

Great Blog mate. Terry had the grey hydro followed by the black hydro owing to the better stamp of carp, I really did get fishcaked (battered both sides). Terry lived up to his name and was the Worm master on the day, and Larry you had the Traffic light swim, i've never seen so much Red .
      Appologise that we could not stay any longer so we all could see the Northern lights . But a great day out and great company as well.

To add insult to injury when i arrived home, there on the door matt was my copy of Advanced pole angler how to catch Carp on commercials . My neck hurts when i turn to my right. Thanks for your assitance with the duckling so glad he went back to his Momma. So it was nice to get beyond the 3oz barrier that was put in front of me at Bonehill . less said about that the better. Sorry you had a traumatic journey home Pete, and we are already looking forward to the return leg on your soil.

Thanks again for your time today it's what makes this sport so special when people like you are involved. So until next time .
      Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
      ><((((?>
      .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

Last edited by Brian G; 3 May 2007, 10:31 AM.

><((((?>

Comment

will try a better link.

><((((?>

Comment

A true picture of the day.

Please click on picture to enlarge.

weldec/Portland Grange - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

><((((?>

Comment

Yes Neil it was a great day. revenge is already in the early stages.... thanks for the pics Bill i was zonked i fell asleep at the computer.so didn't get time to do them,
              had a great day, it aint always about fishing, cant wait for our next Teepot V Weldec V Wormaster Dual....
              bring it on

Comment

I actually forgot to mention the venue.at this moment in time its still under construction and a little bit hard core to look at but what potential its the best i seen, imaginative and incredibly thought out i think it will become an angling mecca landing stages are built to last high banks to stave of the wind and the fishing is really good lots of species to go at.....i caught a couple of nice chub small barbel rudd and all the usual species of carp certainly one to watch out for in the future

Comment

Working...
                X