Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

bad start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad start

fished today haverholme park ewerby nr sleaford, had a very bad start first fish a carp about 12 pound killed my landing net pole , so ended up using a bankstick , was fishing hair rigged corn and my baiting needle fell off my sidetray into about 6 feet of water never to b seen again , just when i thought it could not get any worse than this it didnt ,things got better despite a smashed landin net pole and no baitin needle, ended up with about 70 pound of carp in the net .

NICE ONE shorty

Comment

bad start?

i have had a bad week mate, never mind a bad start. match on sunday(3rd of season), trod on a top 3 before the off. set up another and trod on that one too! monday pleasure session, fell in! dragged my box and bait tray in too.(footplate got caught in back of sock). lost my wallet in lake somewhere. broke no 4 section also. phoned tackle shop for a replacement section, pole now discontinued, cant get a section! and you thought you had a bad day?
      i try hard, but sometimes.......

Comment

Devilfisher thats what i call a bad spell have you left the house today? What pole have you broke maybe one of the lads may have the same pole or even a spare section, failing that send it to one of the recognised repairers it will cost about £30 and be as strong as new

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

got a shakespere president glx pole. acording to a tackle dealer, this pole is now discontinued. they phoned shakespere and they said that a section from a rubicon will fit? its the number 4 section. its strange because the section snapped with a clean break and not splintered like normal. do you think that there could have been a fault line in the section? either way, do you think that i should send it back to shakespere so they can take a look? maybe they will send me one free of charge? paying £20 for the new rubicon section so not too bad as long as it fits right.

Comment

Its not uncommon for them to snap cleanly especially in the case of a sudden downwards force, as the carbon is spirally wrapped it will create a shear point a bit like scoring glass. Breakages whilst playing a fish usually give rise to it splintering, I also believe that the carbon fibre also deteriorates over a period of time and becomes a bit more brittle will give rise to it snapping or cracking, At £20 for a replacement section it is probably not cost effective to have your section professionally repaired unless you live close to any repairers and can deliver it yourself.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

thanks brian.

Comment

Working...
              X