Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

my day at eye ketteby fishery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my day at eye ketteby fishery

every other week i shall be visting a new venue within a 60min traveling time from my home in eastwood,nottingham.
    today i went to Eye Kettleby, Melton Mowbray.
    today it took me 57mins from eastood,not a bad drive fairly straight forward run.
    ok decided on fishing lake one got setup and decided to fish straight to the ireland under some overhanging tree's, the bait im using for my hook was 4mm van de hyde expanders.
    within 5mins i hooked into a carp it went straight into the bushes but i manged to pull the carp out after about 5mins all was over and netted my first carp of the day aprrox wieght around 4lb(left my scales at home )
    so then the day went on with a few more carp averaging around 4-5lb.
    Now i started getting into the cruican carp, believe it or not i have never caught a cruican before,and what can i say what a lovely fish they are,they do tend to fight different to other carp more a tug tug affect like when you hooked a perch.
    i manged to get quite a few of these little carp and as the day went on i was gettting one a chuck. had a few more bonus carp as well in between.
    well to end my blog the balliff was telling me that not much was happing on the other lakes and as we where chatting he said that i am fishing the hardest lake of them all,well chuffed he was knowing i was bagging up all day and so was i knowing this lake was a tricky one to fish.
    very good day out would recommend it to anyone.

please feel free to leave a reply on what you think

heres the website.
    Eye Kettleby Lakes - Home

hi m8 , is lake 1 the small on its own, was u on the pole what bait was u feedin and how often , fished a couple of the other lakes b4 but not that one i dont think , any info would b great thinkin about givin it a go myself , oh and glad u had a good day .

Comment

yes i was using my pole(12-20 dual core)power top with 5.5lb straight through to hook. fished to the ireland nearly 16m, regarding feeding i started off with 1 cup of ground bait with mixed in pellets then used my toss pot with 5pellets in after every catch defo worth a go and its quite not mainy fish it but its a good little pond some big crp 20+ in there so take carp rod i will next time and yes its the small pond right down bottom of the road as you go past the reception straight all the way.
      Last edited by rick75; 20 May 2007, 08:36 PM.

Comment

cheers for the info , will defo give it a go , thanx

Comment

good report mate, nice fish and a good read, thanks
          [B][COLOR="Red"]Be happy, go fishing[/COLOR][/B] :)

Comment

Working...
          X