Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

River Trent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Trent

What a week end, lots of Barbel, roach, perch,dace, an EEL and a real wild RIVER CARP caught by Fishingposts.Com members, brilliant.
    Robbo was kind enough to let me hitch a ride with him for the meeting.

Before the fishing began there was a presentation of a cheque for thre Polio Fellowship.
    £4OO WAS RAISED, here's Mark and John with the cheque

As usual we had a great time with the members, lots of laughs, drink, food and fish, some more cash was raised for Charity by
    Fishingposts.Com members.
    The river was is fine condition, nice flow to it,and a nice colour. Someof us put our bivvies on the top of the field, the rest of the contingent put the bivvies up on the lower pegs.
    Although we did see one another LoL.

Another thankyou goes out to Ian for yet another fantastic BBQ, very tastey as ever

Here's some of the barbel caught over another fantastic weekend with our members. Three of our members from Ireland made a safe trip over to be with us. Colin, Rondon16 and Greg
    However the news goes to Greg and Robbo for their first River Trent Barbel each

Greg with his Barbel

Still smoling, and shaking

And now Robbo, i think the smile says it all, dont you

And Daz with one of his four landed barbel

And last but by no means least, Dave Scouse, a prolofic Barbus catcher.

The weather was very good to us, hot and very dry, the local hostelry was well up in their takings LoL runkbottle: runkbottle:

Here's Bob, Bob is the Cairman of PAD, Bob is one of lifes True Gentlemen.

Rondon16 on the pond

Avery sparce peg two, i fished it for a few hours then went walkabout,

And here's the Big Man Colin

Thanks again to the members of Fishingposts.com for another very freindly week end, great fun and a nice tidy sum of cash raised
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Be happy, go fishing[/COLOR][/B] :)

Nice report and photo's Andy.
    It's always nice to see a few Barbel being banked from the stretch, and the PAD club continuing with their Fundraising for worthy causes.
    I'm sure the local publican will have been sorry to see you all go.
    [COLOR=blue][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_big.gif[/IMG] "Minxed" to the max.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_shock.gif[/IMG] [/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="http://petermorton1.xanga.com/"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Click this link to read "My Fishing Diaries"[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]

Comment

That looks like a nice stretch of water. Where is it. who owns it and is it available for match bookings?

Comment

Thanks Peter. long time no see
        The first presentation was for Mark and Johns 24 hour fish in.

It looks like there will be about £800+ from the week end. It was touch and go if the event went ahead because the field was flooded for a week. The flood water was up to the Church in the lane, Mark and John went down to see the condition, when they got to the lane fish were topping in the water .
        But the Gods were good to us, field dry as a bone and not a single mud hole on the field LoL.
        The river was in fine fettle

Comment

hi andy my friend
          it was good weekend
          except for the fairies pinching ur water and shower gel lol
          oh well must keep cameras ready next time

Comment

trent

were abouts on the trent?
            [url]www.salvesen-angling-club.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffH
              were abouts on the trent?

Private club waters mate PAD Angling, Pratical Angling for the Disabled.
              They do take booking for matches.

Dont worry Dave, i now who took the stuff, LMAO, a little fella who you know only to well, always on the fone, does that ring a bell

I caught him red handed one day, he almost pooed his pants when i shouted at him LoL

Comment

Working...
              X