Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

My mate bingham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mate bingham

A strange title ? i will explain as a kid i lived and slept angling did two paper rounds mortgaged my income to BOS to own Apollo Taperflash ,intreped elite and Efgego ? "seat box" bloody loved it but then discovered girls !.

I did not fish again for thirty years,but my mate bingham finally convinced me to have a go with his float rod while he was piking(We were on holiday at Norfolk and this waffle is inspired by member john sharpes delightful post RE his PB).

After much fluffing about i hooked a 6oz roach i no they fight harder in rivers ! but i could not belive the feel of playing this fish on a carbon fibre rod.That was it i was back and the tackle wow.

Joined a local club the lake i liked appeared deep tried without much success to fish a slider,then bought a 15f map concept that certainly helped and started to catch, read about a new match line and spooled with 0.10 2lb,this was great good Bream Roach and delightful Crucians.

As a kid the biggest Carp i had caught was 4lb,Then it happened happily fishing the above and all hell let lose it took me 30mins to get this fish to the net how it did not snap me i will never no(it certainly wasn't my playing skills)A member un hooked and weighed it 13.2 Common and returned the fish i was shaking to much!.

The above is a tale which only a fellow angler could understand,which is a shame as i would like all to enjoy that moment and those feelings.

I would end this waffle by saying that having joined your forum yesturday i like what i see good knowledge and some banter a great combination for fishing.After the above the next 8yrs included much fun amounst the learning curve whilst fishing with my mate bingham (now a carpie).To me these forums should be about sharing and if members are interested more tales can follow.
    Last edited by Brian G; 8 September 2010, 10:51 AM.

Great tale,mate! That's what fishing is all about! A lot of anglers leave the sport at some point,but nearly always end up coming back some day. ;-)
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Welcome Mick.
      Just remember not to take things to serious and join in the mickey taking and banter.
      But don't take any rubbish off those big soft southern shandy drinking poofters.
      Ps. Know any good dry cleaners, iv'e got tea stain on me frock i can't get rid of.
      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
        Welcome Mick.
        Just remember not to take things to serious and join in the mickey taking and banter.
        But don't take any rubbish off those big soft southern shandy drinking poofters.
        Ps. Know any good dry cleaners, iv'e got tea stain on me frock i can't get rid of.
        Cheers mate fairly new on line so forums still a bit of a novelty but like the banter although should point out am Essex man and proud of it I expect you Northern devils will be winding me up (would not have it any other way )

Comment

Another southerner ! Are there no real men on this site ?
          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Welcome Mick.
            Thats a bit rich coming from a northern monkey who wears a Burrbery bib&brace,yer tart::
            OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Mick57,welcome to the site,enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by MT NET View Post
                Mick57,welcome to the site,enjoy...
                cheers mate will do.

Comment

MT. You wouldn't know class if it hit you on the head sunshine.

Comment

Some great advice on this forum, never caught so many decent fish.

There was a nice looking bird on here aswell for a bit, but some of the local rednecks scared her off by trying to mate with her.
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

MT. You wouldn't know class if it hit you on the head sunshine.
                      Thank you for your kind comments,obviously took a lot of thought,now then,dont you go giving that poor lad Rooney a load of grief on saturday,show some class.

Comment

MT. Forgot to put smilies on the end, apologies if it came across wrong mate.
                        As for Mr Rooney, i don't think old purple beak will have the guts to play him, if he does then he will get a warm and loving reception from me. NOT !
                        I am soooooooooooo looking forward to this fixture and may even wear me B&B to the match.
                        By the way, if your'e ever coming down for a game give us some notice and we'll meet for a pint. Can even try and sort tickets for ya if your'e struggling to get em.
                        Last edited by SPADGER; 9 September 2010, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X