Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Days fishing with Steve Ringer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Days fishing with Steve Ringer

I was lucky enough to win a tight lines competition many months ago where the prize was a days fishing with Steve. Last Tuesday I met up with Steve at Woodlands View in Droitwich, and I can honestly say that I had an incredible day. I picked up so many hints and tips that even if I only master a few I will be a far better angler for it.

I would urge anyone who hasnt visted this complex to go as the fishing was fantastic. I ended the day catching a fish a chuck from the margins averaging 4lb with a few bigger lumps to 8lb. I caught bream, roach, tench, barbel,Crucian carp, mirror carp, common carp, ghost carp and I think a fan tailed Goldfish. A big thank you must go to the fishery staff as they coulnt have been more accomodating.

I have to say a huge big thank you to steve for being so patient and passing on some of his huge wealth of knowledge. He had so much time for everyone who passed by and stopped for a chat. He is a true gent and a credit to the sport.

I cant wait for my next club outing to give some of the new techniques a go.

Tight Lines.

Well done mate.... what would most of us average anglers give for a day like that (not so much the fishing but the advice from a top angler)... The pressures on you next match though ...

Comment

Tell me about it. Ive been drawing quite well recently but I bet that stops and I blow out horribly. I will post a report on how I do for everyone to laugh at.

Comment

You lucky git i wish they would do days where you could pay to go fish with people like steve as i think you would more than get your money back once you absorb what you have learnt from a tru commercial master like Sir ringer

Fishaholic
        Fishing information website/ Carp /Fishing Tackle/Fisheries in kent/Fishing Bait/preston innovations/maver/diawa
        [url]www.alltackledup.co.uk[/url] - coarse fishing information website for the South East of England.

[url]www.westmallinganglingonline.co.uk[/url]

Comment

i would love to fish with the likes of steve ringer
          [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
          Guess who is back...
          [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
          [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

I have never before seen a commercial fishery where one of the pleasure fishing rules is....Not allowed to take photographs of the fish you catch!!!
            What the hell is the world/sport coming to !!!

Comment

well done mate look like you had a great time
              any chance of passing some of the hints and tips this way..........lol...............
              [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

Comment

well done mate i bet that was the Nice's day you have ever had out, Steve is true gent and a credit to the sport you are right there.. the Nice's person you could meet i have meet him so Meany times at the nec and yes he has helped me in the past to with info... please do not pass the info on to my bro as this will mean that i will end up buying the beer's all yr Thanks lol......

Comment

you know thats going to happen anyway
                  just p/m them to me mate i wont tell him............LMAO.................
                  [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Fishaholic77 View Post
                    You lucky git i wish they would do days where you could pay to go fish with people like steve as i think you would more than get your money back once you absorb what you have learnt from a tru commercial master like Sir ringer

Fishaholic
                    Fishing information website/ Carp /Fishing Tackle/Fisheries in kent/Fishing Bait/preston innovations/maver/diawa
                    You can
                    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

There are a few of the best anglers you can pay for a day out with them - don't personally know if Steve does it though and if so what he charges.
                      Simon Young
                      Admin
                      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

10 years ago he had a session with Police team on our pool at Elmdon.I believe he charged them £100 on that occasion.He concentrated on the cage feeder with pellet(not usualy used on our pool!), perhaps that suited the venue they were going to hold a team match on. Within 2 minutes of demonstrating the rig he was hauling out carp after carp 1 metre from the opposite bank. I happened to be fishing the pool so had a freebie!!
                        John - Kingfisher
                        Talk Angling Senior Member
                        Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

I happened to be fishing the pool so had a freebie!!

As per usual

Comment

day out

It was a great day out and I learned lots. Most of the tips he gave were specific to the way I fish so wouldnt be much good to anyone.

In all seriousness though I fished 8 club matches after that day out and had 4 3rd palces and 2 2nds and missed out on my first match win by 2oz.

I think if you get the chance of a day out with someone like steve then grab it.

Comment

Working...
                            X