Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fishing Adventures of a copier engineer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Adventures of a copier engineer.

Hi folks, think i'll use this thread as a place to put some of my fishing trips
    today i went to The Riddings fishery near Tamworth, fished a pool called The Folly ( my fav. pool ) a couple of knocks & after 20 mins a small roach around half a pound or so. a few more odd bites but not another fish until 2:00PM ( been there since about 7:30AM ) , i was about ready for packing in because it was so dead, but i'd been steadily feeding small particles of bait against the end of a small tree's branches only about 5 feet off the bank. so before packing in, i decided to have a go by the tree, bunged 4 red maggots on a slightly bigger hook, float in, seconds later bite on, after a few mins of fighting a 7lb mirror in the landing net

Threw a bit more loose feed in, dropped the pole rig in place, instant bite again, out goes the elastic, after about 25 mins & a lot of aches & pains caused, a 10lb common in the net ( took 3 attempts to net because the net's to small ) have caught bigger carp, but that was the hardest fighting carp i've ever netted.

Rig back inplace, off again, stretched elastic & off the fish fell , try again, within 10 mins another mirror in the net, didn't weigh this one, but i recon it was between 3 & 4lb. feeling happy now, few more missed bites, decided to put some more loose feed in, so made the mistake of putting the pole down on 2 rod rests with the float just left in the middle of the water, threw the maggots, heard a strange sound & turned to see my pole air-born 20 yards or so out across the pool! but luck must have been on my side for a very rare change, because a kind Carpie rescued my pole from the other end of the lake before it had chance to sink
    happy days.

decided to try the same peg as last week @ the riddings. i've always used a pole, not used a feeder since i was a lad ( too many years ago ), but something told me to try a feeder after nearly losing the pole for good last week.
    anyway, i bought a method feeder, read up on how they work & decided to give it a crack. cast in at about 6:50AM, put the rod down, tightened the line enough to give the tip a slight bend, one minute later ...
    this method feeder lark is brill. that was the biggest, i'm guessing it was 8 or 9lb. caught another 6 carp between 1.5lb & 5lb, i did switch to the pole at one point after feeding the tree spot that i fished last week. but all i got was a small roach & had a perch fall off. so i switched back to the feeder.

at that point i'd caught 6 out of a total of 7 carp for the day, within minutes i got another nice carp on, as i slid the net in the water, it came off but next cast made up for it when i caught the last carp of the session ( even if it was the smallest at around 1.5lb )

decided at about 3:15 to pack in, because the numbness from the cold was wearing off & being replaced by shear pain

anyway i'm a happy bunny now & will be a regular with the method feeder i guess

Comment

Working...
    X