Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hunnington day out 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hunnington day out 2

    i went to Hunnington again today;
    i arrived at 10:00am walked to my chosen peg next to a bloke with all the gear (i thourt i might pick up a few tips)

    Once i had set up and riged up i DIDNT put any bate in untill my line was in with a pinkie on a size 16 hook (the smallest 16 ive ever seen) i then catapulted 2 pouches on pinkies over the top and put 5-6 casters in my pult crushed them and fired em out. With in 5 mins i had a bite and struck into a roach of about 1/2oz not grate i know. I then shipped back out with 2 pinkies on the hook and fired 2 pouches full of pinkies and 2 full of castors. About half an hour later the float buried and i struck into another roach of about 1/2oz. I then put 1 pouch of pinkies and 1 of castors; about 1 hour later after a dead spell and a very windy spell the float shot off and i pulled into a crucian of about 1 lb. Then the bloke come round for me money and i got a bag of micros of him aswell. Once he had gone and i had finished my drink i put 2 half pouches of micros and 1 of pinkies about 1 hour later it all came to life with the float disapering every 30 seconds or so. I had just put 3 pinkies on the hook when i struck into what must have been a carp tesing my new #7 vespe elastic to the max after about 5 mins of playing it i got it down to the top 3 and reaced for the net thats when my elastic bottomed out and the hook pulled free.(i was pi**ed off to say the least)
    i put 3 pinkies back on the hook and shipped out to my 10m line again after a bit of bate the float shot off and i was into another carp but this time i landed it. It was around 1and a 1/2lb
    THE END... and they all lived happily ever after
    [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
    Guess who is back...
    [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

  • #2
    right matt now you can tell me to shut up if you like but im going to point out a few thing where you might be going wrong! i have only fished hunnington twice before 2 evening opens this year, but have a very good idea how i would approach this venue this time of the year!

    firstly bait wise you want,
    corn
    maggot
    4mm pellet (i would personally ignore micros, the water is too deep to feed micro and even with a slight breeze on the water it does tow a little and the micros will be washed out your peg)

    4 and 6mm hooker pellet

    i would fish a line around 6m the bottom of the first slop and then one around 11-13m depending on wind conditions! at the start you want to be putting a small handfull of pellet, a few grains of corn and a few maggots on your 6m line and leave this for at least a hour,

    start on your long line with corn or expander pellet on the hook, fill up your kinder cup with around 20 pellets and a couple of grains of corn and ship this out and wait for indications of fish, i would then top up with a dozen pellets and the odd grain of corn after every fish! keeping it nice and simple,

    the venue isnt stocked enough to be speading the fish out, buy using the catapult, keep everything tight aond go VERY easy on the feed!

    oh and a size 16 is far too big for a pinkie:P
    Matt Smith
    Bag'em matchbaits

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by matt6900 View Post
      right matt now you can tell me to shut up if you like but im going to point out a few thing where you might be going wrong! i have only fished hunnington twice before 2 evening opens this year, but have a very good idea how i would approach this venue this time of the year!

      firstly bait wise you want,
      corn
      maggot
      4mm pellet (i would personally ignore micros, the water is too deep to feed micro and even with a slight breeze on the water it does tow a little and the micros will be washed out your peg)

      4 and 6mm hooker pellet

      i would fish a line around 6m the bottom of the first slop and then one around 11-13m depending on wind conditions! at the start you want to be putting a small handfull of pellet, a few grains of corn and a few maggots on your 6m line and leave this for at least a hour,

      start on your long line with corn or expander pellet on the hook, fill up your kinder cup with around 20 pellets and a couple of grains of corn and ship this out and wait for indications of fish, i would then top up with a dozen pellets and the odd grain of corn after every fish! keeping it nice and simple,

      the venue isnt stocked enough to be speading the fish out, buy using the catapult, keep everything tight aond go VERY easy on the feed!

      oh and a size 16 is far too big for a pinkie:P
      Matt you post this on the fur and feather post to give them that aint fished it an idea how to approach it there
      :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
      [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

      Comment


      • #4
        sound advice Matt....
        In darkness we do what we can
        In daylight we're oblivion

        Comment


        • #5
          TBH lee all that i have posted is typical winter lake/commerical lake fishing, something that matt seems either confused by or its just a lack of knowledge/experiance(which is probably the case), i just couldnt understand where he was coming from by firing pinkies out to 10 metres by the pouch load followed by crushed caster which would obviously float and wash away? fishing on the deck with double pinkie on a 16?
          Matt Smith
          Bag'em matchbaits

          Comment


          • #6
            Sound advice Matt from Matt6900, you other thread also identified that you were over feeding, remember the old saying you cant take out what you have put in.

            www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by matt6900 View Post
              TBH lee all that i have posted is typical winter lake/commerical lake fishing, something that matt seems either confused by or its just a lack of knowledge/experiance(which is probably the case), i just couldnt understand where he was coming from by firing pinkies out to 10 metres by the pouch load followed by crushed caster which would obviously float and wash away? fishing on the deck with double pinkie on a 16?
              I know its just a standard winter approach but as you should know i'm a bit thick and need all the help I can get plus theres quite a few who haven't even seen Hunnington let alone fished it and anyway good advice is always useful
              :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
              [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

              Comment


              • #8
                Whats wrong with giving them a great big potful of micro through a bait dropper, Half a tin of corn and a pot full of meat, then using 2 squat on a 14 animal (barbless of course) you dont want to burst the squat.
                Team Mosella Black Country

                Sex is like Poker.
                If you havnt got a good partner.
                Then you better have a good Hand

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rive t View Post
                  Whats wrong with giving them a great big potful of micro through a bait dropper, Half a tin of corn and a pot full of meat, then using 2 squat on a 14 animal (barbless of course) you dont want to burst the squat.
                  if it works for you
                  Matt Smith
                  Bag'em matchbaits

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by matt6900 View Post
                    TBH lee all that i have posted is typical winter lake/commerical lake fishing, something that matt seems either confused by or its just a lack of knowledge/experiance(which is probably the case), i just couldnt understand where he was coming from by firing pinkies out to 10 metres by the pouch load followed by crushed caster which would obviously float and wash away? fishing on the deck with double pinkie on a 16?


                    right like a said the 16 was the smallest ive ever seen im not that thick to use a hook to big for the bate but sound advice about the bate and the locals all use maggot for silvers and the odd carp so i decided to use pinkie to get the smaller silvers for something to do not just waiting for the bigger fish on a practice session while i was freezing but il try your approach next time i go (nexrt weekend) thanks for advice..
                    [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
                    Guess who is back...
                    [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
                    [/COLOR][/FONT]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      do you have a certificate saying you are not thick....i do
                      pm me your address MMM i have something for you
                      In darkness we do what we can
                      In daylight we're oblivion

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yes i have a certificate saying i am not thick and ill never send you my address Pete.
                        [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
                        Guess who is back...
                        [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
                        [/COLOR][/FONT]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          you forget i can find it....i have friends in low places
                          In darkness we do what we can
                          In daylight we're oblivion

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            lmao ahh pete im scared please don't find me
                            [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
                            Guess who is back...
                            [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
                            [/COLOR][/FONT]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              But your THE Matt Ingram......future Champion of the World...you should be easy to find being so famous.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X