Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

River Trent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Trent

Another great week end with the lads,
    Arrived on Thgursday to be greeted by Mark and Larry.

10Bob arrived a little while later, we had a stroll to peg one to have a look, all of a sudden the heavens opened, very heavy rain ansued, thunder and lighting followed, We all ran for cover, Robbo and myself got soaked to the skin in a 50yard dash to the car LoL , We later found out that a mini TORNADO had hit the area.

Anyways the river, YES the river, it was rising at an alarming rate, we kept a close eye on it throughout the ramainder of the day, Later on it was decided to retire to the nearest hostelry for some beer

Friday morning, awoken by the big cargo planes that use the midlands airport at 4AM
    I had a few little cat naps in the bivvy, then i heard, ITS FLOODED, oh heck i thought, I got out of the bivvy to be greeted by the Trent in flood.
    Throughout the day was a scary time, we were wondering if we would have to move the bivvyville to higher ground.

Luckily the rain stayed away and the river started to fall.

A few hardy sould did get some fishing done on the Friday, Robbo fished peg two, he was smashed three time clean on 15lb line
    The river continued to drop off
    Anyways i fished for about 5 hours during the whole week end and managed to end up fishless
    The weekend as usual was a great success with the lads, good fun even with the river in flood, good food again by Ian, great crack with the lads and some good nights in the Brookefield Club for another session on the ale

There was fish caught, Barbel to 8lb+ two chub to 4lbs and a 1.5lb barbel

The flood, the fishing platform are completely under water

10Bob braving the flood

Nigel taken this morning on peg one

High water

Robbo on peg two this morning

John showing his delight at catching the 8lb+ barbel

One of the offending planes LoL

This picture was taken at a nearby fishery, a carp cruising for free bread offerings

Sunset over the Trent

With the river some 6foot higher the conditions were very hard, but i wont moan about that, its not sporting is it.

Anyways, i hade 15mm boilies on my hook, hair rigged, flavoured with Erchie Braddock Barbel Magic, then i had 21mm Halibut pellet, hair rigged, as hook bait, halibut pellets in PVA bags to get some feed into the swim. Also put som swim stim Koi pellets into the swim

Aslo had PVA stocking to use, not very traditional methods but a sure way to get feed into a tight spot

But with the rate of speed of the river i thought it was a waste of feed, so i stopped,
    I fished the slacks on peg one, had one bite/nibble , but nothing came of it.
    It was nigh on impossible to hold bottom in the fast paced sections, .
    The best place was in the margins, slack water and a good place for the fish to rest, or so i thought

Another cracking week end with the lads
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Be happy, go fishing[/COLOR][/B] :)

Nice read that.

Gives an insight into a kind of fishing I've never really done.

Ta!
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

thank you

Comment

Thomo,

Thanks for sharing that and the piccies with us great crack with the lads by the sound of it. Yes that river trent can be a beast when in floodmate.

Cheers .
        Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
        ><((((?>
        .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

Twas a great week end mate, even with the flood and the mini tornado, Lets just say the local ale house took some money over the 3 days LMAO

Comment

My mates latest barbel from the stretch. Peg one done the bizz again

Mark with a 8lb 8oz Trent Barbus

Comment

A very entertaing report Andy.
              Good to see that Mark's still getting amongst the Barbel.
              [COLOR=blue][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_big.gif[/IMG] "Minxed" to the max.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_shock.gif[/IMG] [/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
              [URL="http://petermorton1.xanga.com/"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Click this link to read "My Fishing Diaries"[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]

Comment

This was caught today, a 9lb+ from Bob, on peg two

Comment

Working...
                X