Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

The building of Alderwood Fishery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The building of Alderwood Fishery

For those of you that want to see how my lake was built here is a short video, its 14.5 minutes long and gets a bit tedious as its not professionally filmed! So if you have the time and want to see how my lake was constructed from a flat field then have a look!

YouTube - Alderwood Fishery - Construction
    Last edited by Oneabung; 8 October 2010, 11:01 AM.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Oneabung. I enjoyed watching that, it is very impressive.Congratulations on achieving something special,it must feel fantastic.
    Col.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Full on, What kind of costs are involved in a project like this?

Comment

Frisky, the main cost is the land! Then you have the hundreds of hours spent on planning and dancing through hoops with the council, the £25,000 construction costs to actually dig the lake pails into insignificance! Then of course you have the thousands you have to spend on the fish to stock it, the many hours spent guarding the lake against cormorants, the £10,000 for the road, £2,000 on trees and time to plant them, grass seed for 6 acres, mowers, strimmers, etc.... the list goes on! Hopefully it will eventually make me some money back!!!!
        Simon Young
        Admin

Comment

Very impressive,simon! You're living out every anglers dream! Although it probably doesn't seem it at the moment. Good luck to you,mate.
          Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Yes it was a dream mate, now its a massive hole in the bank balance or should I say a great big loan hanging over my head! I'm just hoping the Environment Agency take the clay off my hands that came out of the hole so I can get on with the next lake!
            Simon Young
            Admin

Comment

Well done mate what a great achievement, where abouts is the fishery located, as i am the club secretary for Ealing fishing club based in London, and if not to far we will be a paying client to help you on your way.
              All the best for the future, im sure it will be a huge success.

Terry

Comment

looks great now will look fantastic once the greenery gets established. well done mate hope to visit once its open, keep us posted.

Dave

Comment

Terry, unfortunately a bit far for you to travel matey, we are about 8 miles north of Doncaster!
                  Simon Young
                  Admin

Comment

I am taking match bookings for the lake for 2011 now so if anyone is interested then let me know please.
                    Simon Young
                    Admin

Comment

evening simon enjoyed every second of the lakes completion and im sure it will be a credit to you after many hours of hard work all the best for the future regards john rhodes ealing a/c

Comment

Are you going to start it off with another TA match.
                        Whatever you do, someone will always say "they knew you would"....!. :(:(:(

Comment

Would be a good idea.... was thinking of having a silver fish match next
                          Simon Young
                          Admin

Comment

nice one Simon, do hope DNW can get a match for us Eastern lads, it would be a nice day out for next year.dave

Comment

I am taking bookings for clubs who want the lake next year if anyone is interested please send me a PM, or email [email protected]
                              Simon Young
                              Admin

Comment

Working...
                              X