Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

AOL users having problems

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOL users having problems

If you are an AOL user or having problems staying logged in to the site try the following -

1st - when you log in tick the "remember me" box - this will allow your computer to store a cookie on your system and keep you logged in.

2nd - you may have to add www.talkangling.co.uk to the list of sites you have classified as safe sites - this is often on computers where users have set their security settings above "medium".

Any other problems please email me - CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

May also be the same case with Blueyonder users as I keep on getting logged out if I am not active.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

If I remember right, there was some sort of problem on the old site with AOL members.
      I think it was somthing to do with spaming.The old site wouldn't let you use a email addy using AOL to register.
      So you had to use another email address i.e hotmail or anything other than AOL, to log on to the site.
      It wasn't just Talkangling I think MD'S site, had the same problem.
      [IMG]http://koszog.rx8.eu/_horg/garbolino_350.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Brian, I'm on blueyonder and don't have a problem

Comment

Must be my computer then, only when I tick remember me will it stop logged on, sometimes it logs me out after 2/3 minutes, it was not like that to start off with.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

The technical explaination for AOL problems is this -

AOL continually switches IP addresses so if you are an AOL user and you switch pages the IP address switches and unless you have clicked "remember me" the system has no way to know who you are so logs the user out!
            Simon Young
            Admin

Comment

I am on AOL and have no problems with registering on both MDs and TA.

However on the old forum the confirmation bit went into my spam filter and I had to retrieve it from there. This forum was not a problem.
              [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Just bumping this to the top again.

Anyone having problems registering try adding TalkAngling.co.uk to your list of safe sites.
                Simon Young
                Admin

Comment

i find it very dificult to use these talk sites jargon not understood

Comment

thanks for advice simon i ll try it if it dont work i ll shoot my A O L lol

Comment

Working...
                    X