Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

HELP uploading photo's onto threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP uploading photo's onto threads

I need help please to upload photos onto threads. I've tried to follow Brian's instructions from an earlier thread and can get as far as uploading pics onto photobucket, but I get stuck there. How do I "click onand copy the photo Url? And what is a Url (other than a range of mountains in Russia)? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
    I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Is the pic you want to put on in your photo bucket account?

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane View Post
        Is the pic you want to put on in your photo bucket account?
        According to photobucket it is.

Comment

You should be able to see it in your albums in photo bucket,its easy to do but hard to describe but here goes, go into PB,hover cursor over pic,this should open 4 boxes below the pic, left click on bottom box, this should turn blue,right click on the code,this will open an option box,left click on copy,exit PB and got to the thread you want pic in,left click in message area,now right click, this will open an option box, left click on paste,now scroll down to review post at the bottom and left click, you should now see your pic.scroll down to submit post and it should be job done.it sounds complicared but after a few times its quick and easy. Regards Peter.
          Last edited by hurricane; 27 October 2009, 06:10 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Gulp!!!! Thanks for that Peter, I'll give it a go. By the way is that you in the picture without the beard?

Comment

No mate,one of the competitors in the Harrisons silly chalenge fished on the 17th.

Comment

As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.

Each album can have a title ('Joe's Holiday to Nepal'), a description ('A bunch of photos from my recent adventure') and can be of three different types: Public, Private or Profile.

* Public albums can be viewed by anyone
                * Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts (info)
                * Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile (info)

How do I upload pictures?

Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'.

You'll have the option to give each picture a caption, and to set one image as the Album cover, which will be displayed on the public profile. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, or to edit a caption or change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.

All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages (more info). You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.

When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane View Post
                  No mate,one of the competitors in the Harrisons silly chalenge fished on the 17th.

Hi pete..?How are you able to post pictures directly to the forum.

Sorry for the thread Hi jack,tackle tart.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickangler View Post
                    Hi pete..?How are you able to post pictures directly to the forum.

Sorry for the thread Hi jack,tackle tart.
                    See thread no5 mate,it sounds difficult but its not,but you need to upload your required photo to Photobucket or similar site first.its realy only a matter of copy&paste mate.

Comment

It works! Thanks mickangler, I was gonna ask about that!
                      [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Testing..Testing..By George Iv'e Got It

YEEEESSSS

Cheers Pete

Comment

No problems mate.

Comment

ye ha....cheers Pete

Comment

mines faster.

Comment

Working...
                              X