Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

PC problems and advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC problems and advice

Anyone who needs any PC advice then please dont hesitate to ask...

If there is enough interest in this topic I will start a special forum for helping out any members.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Should we say Fisherman or Fisherperson?

Comment

Trust you Terence

Comment

Liked your "obituary" of me in the Midland Angler TC. Hope we'll see you at a TA event again!
        John - Kingfisher
        Talk Angling Senior Member
        Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Thanks all.
          John the problem with being in this game is although you would like to do the occasional day on the bank for free its just not possible.
          I thought the back seat pun was a good one though!

Comment

Sorry Simon off track there.
            Simon, I've heard that there's a website that can check your PC's processor to see if its running at its optimum speed and that you can adjust the speed if its not, do you know the website?

Comment

You can of course overclock your processor but it is not recommended, there are better things to do before you consider that option as the bottlenecks to speed are rarely anything to do with the processor itself.. it may be a case of you just needing some more ram or a better graphics card..

see - Diagnosing, Troubleshooting, and Optimizing PC Hardware
              Simon Young
              Admin
              Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
              web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Has anybody heard of the book 'Windows Advisor, apparently it's a manual with allsorts of tips and advice to help you with your pc. Just wondering if anybody has seen it and if it's any good

Comment

Originally posted by polepot
                  Has anybody heard of the book 'Windows Advisor, apparently it's a manual with allsorts of tips and advice to help you with your pc. Just wondering if anybody has seen it and if it's any good

I would have thought WINDOWS XP FOR DUMMIES would suit your computer skill level better Polepot

Available in all good bookshops .
                  [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Your welcome polepot

Right click on the ''My computer'' shortcut on your desktop . A box will open, click properties. Information on your computer's hardware will open up which includes how much RAM is installed on your system. Any less than 512mb I suggest you consider adding some to make it at least to this level. This will speed your system up espcially if you have a number of applications/ windows open on your computer at the same time
                      [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Ive got 512

Comment

Working...
                        X