Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Bubla's joke thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubla's joke thread?

I have just looked in to give him some well deserved heckling and it's gone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

I even had this picture lined up:

OXG8HmbN.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

It could be that some of the content was not suitable for this forum,the last one was very near the knuckle(deffo not a pun intended),and theres no need for a single thread when there is a whole section dedicated to jokes,if all the posts go on one thread then the thread count will be very low and no new threads will appear in the section.
      Last edited by hurricane; 15 September 2010, 11:50 PM.
      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Bublas jokes

Cheers luke.lol.As for the thread being pulled for being to racist.?All I can say is that I don't consider myself a racist..there have been many jokes printed on the jokes forum and not a word said about them niether have they been taken off,and the content as been just as racist.
        Would it be wrong of me to ask members to sign a petition to get the jokes I have printed that are not in bad taste to be put back on show.?? Just a show of hands from members that have visited my jokes..can't see any arm in that..after all.if it's good enough for a man to call for a petition to mass kill cormorants,then I'm sure it's good enough for me.??.When I get more votes for the jokes reinstating than the killing of cormorants..I will to take it to downing street..

Comment

Unless youve recieved a pm from someone?then racist has not been mentioned, Iwould suggest you take it up via the pm system with the moderator who has at the moment removed it from public view,what you suggest will mearly inflame the situation and ertainly wont help your cause.Regards Peter.
          Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Bubla, first off nobody is saying you are racist - however some of the jokes on the thread are not what we want on the forum.

I am quite happy to replace the thread with the offending jokes removed, however I feel that if I do that then there will then be a debate as to "Simon considers this joke suitable and this one not"...etc... and that is going to cause me more trouble than it is probably worth so I'm afraid the thread has to stay removed. I can PM you the content if you want to repost some of them and have a think which ones are not suitable.

I would prefer as others have said that jokes are published on individual threads, then if one is considered inappropriate it can be deleted.

Please just be careful with posting in future as some content can offend and we then have no choice but to remove it.

As for the cormorants - I stand by my opinion as I own a venue and have lost thousands to the black death - put yourself in my shoes and then say you would sit back and let them empty your wallet! And if someone wants to sign my petition please do!
            Last edited by Oneabung; 16 September 2010, 10:23 AM.
            Simon Young
            Admin
            Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
            web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Simon..i have replied to a pm sent by woodhouse on this matter and he said that he would take the offensive material out and re-instate the thread..It appears to me your now saying that the thread is off the forum forever.?(Left and not knowing what right hand his doing.?) May i add that as for.."quote".."simon considers this joke suitable and that joke not"..unquote..is exactly what you and the other moderators are doing....Yes i would like all the jokes pm to myself please...
              And if someone wants to sign my petition to reinstate the jokes please do....

Comment

If Lee wants to remove the content which he considers unsuitable and repost the thread then that is his choice as he was the one who pulled it in the first place. As for a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing - we are all intelligent individuals and as moderators are able to act responsibly in the interests of the forum, we don't need to hold each others hands!

All I want is this not to blow up into a massive issue, I just don't want certain content posting on the forum and would ask that you respect that wish please - thats all!
                Simon Young
                Admin
                Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung View Post
                  If Lee wants to remove the content which he considers unsuitable and repost the thread then that is his choice as he was the one who pulled it in the first place. As for a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing - we are all intelligent individuals and as moderators are able to act responsibly in the interests of the forum, we don't need to hold each others hands!

All I want is this not to blow up into a massive issue, I just don't want certain content posting on the forum and would ask that you respect that wish please - thats all!
                  Simon..last thing i want is a full scale war with anyone on this site..i am only going on how i perceive what is happening via PM AND BY FORUM POST..What i am saying is that you are telling me one thing via forum and woodhouse is pm ing me another (confusion)..As for interest of the forum i am all for it.There are sum boundaries even i would not cross.
                  I have seen jokes posted on this site,far worse than the ones that i have posted and have not been removed,i just feel that i have been unfairly singled out.
                  The joke/jokes that one moderator says is ok might not suit another..?is that how it works..?
                  If you can edit posts on the ongoing threads,Can you not delete individual jokes from ongoing threads..?

Comment

Working...
                  X