Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Apologies to any mother-in law's reading..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies to any mother-in law's reading..

A fisherman is sorting through his catch on the edge of a lake when a man sprints up to him, obviously in some distress.

‘Help me please,’ he gasps. ‘My wife is drowning and I can't swim.’

He points out to a distant figure, splashing around pathetically 100 m from the shore. ‘Please save her. I'll give you a hundred quid if you do.’

Nodding, the fisherman dives into the water. In a few powerful strokes, he reached the woman, puts his arm around her, and swims back to shore. Depositing her at the feet of the man, he looks up at him. ‘Okay,’ he says, regaining his breath, ‘where's my hundred?’

The man frowns back at him. ‘Look,’ he says. ‘When I saw her going down for the third time, I thought it was my wife. But this is my mother-in-law.’

The fisherman reached into his pocket. ‘Just my luck,’ he says. ‘How much do I owe you?’

tut tut

Comment

Thought he was going to ask him to throw her back on a catch and release basis!
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

any mother in law that 'goes down' cant be all bad.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        the carrot bites back:D
        ooh you are awful!!

Comment

ought to change your name to les dawson lol

Comment

Working...
          X