Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hurricane and Brian G In consistencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane and Brian G In consistencies

Instead of berating me and locking threads when you have spoken and not allowing a response,

Quote Brian G "PMSL is not used on the main site to any great extent" DO A SEARCH Brian

22 pages of use 545 examples

I rest my case.
    You are pathetic.

Don't get the wrong idea that I'm taking sides with the forum police, but if you need to respond then a message is always an option.
    I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
    He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Maverick,

There really are more important things to worry about than TA rules and regs.

Tell you what has bugged me for a long time...

Why are ready salted crisps called ready salted? Before the invention of ready salted, what did people do?
      The name implies they were offered as an alternative to crisps you had to add salt to yourself, but I can't see this.

Another sleepless night for me awaits....
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Just as a matter of fact, can crisps be obtained salt free?

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick120 View Post
          Instead of berating me and locking threads when you have spoken and not allowing a response,

Quote Brian G "PMSL is not used on the main site to any great extent" DO A SEARCH Brian

22 pages of use 545 examples

I rest my case.
          You are pathetic.
          Yawn..
          [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/rover220coupeturbo/ta3.jpg[/IMG]

Effort = Success

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
            Just as a matter of fact, can crisps be obtained salt free?
            They sure can.....Seabrook do the best.
            Whatever you do, someone will always say "they knew you would"....!. :(:(:(

Comment

Maverick You seem to have some sort of a problem, yes I know PMSL is used I knew how many threads had it on and you can probably treble that number of posts, but you again chose not to accept the FACT that it is not greatly used, when you consider the FACT that there are over 48000 threads and a third of a million posts.
              You consider you have been berated, I beg to differ you have been treated how I would expect to be treated myself, You ask why lock a thread, why not debate the issue on the forum, we were asked by the site owner not to argue live on line but conduct our selves in a dignified manner, as part of the guidelines in being a Mod.
              Unfortunately you have again brought this into the open, but consider this the thread that was edited was not yours, you chose to crusade on his behalf, oh by the way he has sent me a PM apologising for any problems he might have caused. You are the one that resorts to name calling, sorry to have to say this but grow up, accept that this forum has rules and moderation is in place, if you dont like it be my guest and go elsewhere.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
                Why are ready salted crisps called ready salted? Before the invention of ready salted, what did people do?
                The name implies they were offered as an alternative to crisps you had to add salt to yourself, but I can't see this.
                Smiths used to do a bag of plain crisps with a small sachet of salt inside that you added yourself as required.
                They may still do for all I know. Can't say I've seen them in the last ten to fifteen years though.

Comment

Maverick
                  I think its time to let it rest mate !!
                  Ther are lots of us that use this site that have experienced the " Holier than thou " attitued of the Mods over the last couple of years & the general opinion is some of them must live in a Bubble far away from the Real world !!
                  I have been Banned & threatened with Lifetime ban on a few occasions for having the Cheek not to agree or conform to certain rules .
                  As have quite a few others.
                  After a serious conversation with the site owner,who IMO is a genuine bloke (Just look @ the abuse he has suffered recently over his Pellets)
                  He must have a sense of humour
                  I have wound him up about them as have others ,some of the comments made about him have been way out of order!!
                  In fairness to him he finaly explained his own position & feelings ,things have finaly started to go right for Him . (At Last )
                  I was asked if i would become a Moderator ,after careful concideration & the fact that i get on with the Majority of People on site & beliefe that i would have the respect of most !!
                  I said Yes !!
                  The next Day i had a PM from Simon explaining that 1 of the Mods had objected !!
                  This Person had a problem with me (I just have a sense of Humour ) ,I will not name him because it is our buisness no one elses !!
                  So i was told i would not be a Mod !!
                  This person & myself had a bit of History & it was used against me !!
                  Ihave had numerous posts edited or removed for Swearing !! as anyone that knows me i very rarely swear.
                  The use of Slang & Abreviations is World wide Schools all around the World hear worse on a Daily Basis than anything you could read on here
                  With respect i believe that a few of the mods should leave their Bubble for a few days & try the Real world
                  They do a decent job on the whole & in many ways try to help when they can !!
                  People skills they do not have unfortunately & that is 1 of the most important factors IMO
                  sorry for ranting mate
                  Just trying to point out that you are getting to the position that i have been in (Censored) every time i posted & it does get to you .
                  Instead of wasting time arguing with certain mods ,use it for a point of contact to a group of Fellow minded People & share whatever they have
                  Dont let this Childish Bickering detract from the fact that most on this site are genuinly nice people
                  Dont get banned for something so petty
                  Last edited by BIG COL; 18 June 2012, 12:07 PM.
                  Colin

Comment

Originally posted by stocky View Post
                    They sure can.....Seabrook do the best.
                    Thanks stocky crisps are not realy a favourite of mine.

Comment

Maverick,

Sleep well Mike...

This came about after the advent of salt and shake crisps. The ones with the blue packets of salt in.
                      Consumers where fed up of having to add their own salt and some packets where devoid of salt packets altogether.
                      Lot's of young mothers dressed in all day pyjamas where threatening to march on Downing street as little johnny was not getting his daily salt intake as he was not intelligent enough to open the little blue packet, one little lad even thought it was cocaine cos mummy always had this white powder in little bags at home.
                      Last edited by SPADGER; 18 June 2012, 12:33 PM.
                      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Thanks for the words of wisdom Col, I hoped I may puncture a few bubbles but obviously I'm PITTW (work it out)
                        Rant over I cant be bothered, it just annoys.
                        As for crisps , you must not be old enough to remember the little blue bags as Spadger said, they also re-released them
                        some years back so you could salt or not.

Comment

Maverick,

very good question mate i have often wondered that myself

Comment

Why is this thread under Jokes and funny stories..............Let me guess.............A mod has put it here in order to be funny
                            Team Mosella Black Country

Sex is like Poker.
                            If you havnt got a good partner.
                            Then you better have a good Hand

Comment

No wrong again Tony its where the raiser put it, besides which we aint got a sense of humor.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X