Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Mr Dayglow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Dayglow

Picture this, It was a warm but wet day, me and my mate were fishing at one of the club lakes, when this bloke in a yellow day glow jacket and trousers jumps onto my peg sticking his head under my brolly he says have you cought owt, a few i said they have just moved in on the feed, the bloke looks, but were is your float he says, i said by your feet in the margin as this yellow day glow image shadows on to the water.Ten mins go by as i listen to how good he is and how little he paid for his day glow suit, He then says i thought you said you were catching i was i saidsome thing must have spooked them i wonder what? He then spots my mate and says i wil go and see him see if he has cought owt, Our day glow friend is standing on the bank next to my mate when there is a loud cracking sound followed by some O NO YOU - - - - - - - CLOWN THATS MY POLE after some sorting out dayglow goes, or so we think. The peace is ended again by the sound of a car horn going off. Yes its Mr dayglow again SHOUTING im locked in i can,t get through the gate, i said you have the combination number on your members card, not a member says he,so how did you drive in, o i just followed that car over there in. Ok so what are you doing here then i said,o just having a look thinking of joining the club ok i said i will do the gate for you mate. That was this last summer gone, we never saw Mr dayglow again until, two weeks ago when i was on the same lake fishing the method , the peg has a large bush to one side so you can,t see who comes along the path, just then this dayglow suit appears with a massive dog, How ya doin cought owt, before i could say anything the dog sent my cup of tea and my half pint of maggots flying of my side tray. oops sorry mate he says i will leave you in peace and get my rod out, twenty mins goes by and i dont see Mr dayglow and then my tip pulls round, just when i think i am into my first carp theres something attached to my line, o yeh its Mr dayglow he,s chucked a pike plug over my line. after knitt one pearl one it gets sorted, the thing is there are no pike or big perch in the lake and when i put this to him he says if i had known that i would not have joined the club, as i only fish for pike, why did you not tell me he says. I said dont blame me you never asked, with that he chucks his rod in the car and wheel spins off up the drive, Thing is if he had read the membership card it states NO DOGS and tells you what fish are in the lake. I dont think we will see Mr dayglow again maybe thats a good thing as i dread to think what might happen

Paragraphs?

Comment

Originally posted by maverboy View Post
      Paragraphs?
      Rather harsh!!
      I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
      He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

School teacher?

Comment

Every pond has a mr dayglow.

Comment

Originally posted by fordysufc View Post
            Every pond has a mr dayglow.
            You must spend time at Aston fordy.

Comment

Was he english,line? And can you stay off the thread if you've got nothing constructive to say please chaps.
              The thread is perfectly understandable and legible.
              Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

I thought replying to young Mr Mavers comment was constructive, I'll slap my wrist.

Comment

Yes he was English Paul K a big fella gentle giant hope he finds a pike water

Comment

Originally posted by line View Post
                    hope he finds a pike water
                    Polite way of saying, hope he sods off and doesn't bother me again.

Comment

I think camo gear would have been better , but if it keeps the rain and wind out then why not,

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
                        You must spend time at Aston fordy.
                        Aston has dayglows they come up and say i usually fish here every tuesday asmusch as to say dont do it again im sorry but if they are near the car park when i go its time for a wheel spin

Comment

Originally posted by paul k View Post
                          Was he english,line? And can you stay off the thread if you've got nothing constructive to say please chaps.
                          The thread is perfectly understandable and legible.
                          No its not,I'm not a grammar Nazi by any means but it makes a good post difficult to read and being told to stay off the thread is pathetic.

Comment

Get a few at Loxley as well, they always ask why you aren't fishing with some obscure super bait that they ''bag up on'' like punched potato or something daft like that.

Comment

Originally posted by maverboy View Post
                              No its not,I'm not a grammar Nazi by any means but it makes a good post difficult to read and being told to stay off the thread is pathetic.
                              oooooo calm down maver dont chuck dummy out banter makes the world go round we all have different sense of humor some have non sad

Comment

Working...
                              X