Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

vehicle tracking and road pricing policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vehicle tracking and road pricing policy

The government is planning a new vehicle tracking and road pricing policy which will mean our car journeys are tracked and we pay more tax for every mile we travel. If like me you disagree with this then sign the petition at the following address and maybe we can stop it. If this goes through you wont be able to afford to go fishing anymore.

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Scrap the planned vehicle tracking and road pricing policy.

Done!!
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

likewise

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Done

Comment

But what is the alternative Roy ? i do about 5 miles a week for work, then 50miles to pick my lad up, it already costs me over £20 PER week just to pick him up n take him home, but, i could make a killing by not using my 'car' during the week. What is the plan? Are they doing away with road tax or is this on top? Sorry, but I avoid the news, because its always bad news. But from your post a lot of drivers could be a lot better off (if it is a repalcement for road tax). And when I've sobered up tomorrow i will give a better arguement

Comment

Personally I do 84 miles a day to get to work and back, and then probably 100 miles at weekends going fishing, so if this comes in I would probably pack up work as there would be no point, and just go fishing to my local pond. I doubt whether this will be instead of fuel tax, or road fund license, but most likely as well as.
            In my opinion the best solution to our overcrowded roads is to invest in public transport and make it so cheap that it would be foolish to travel by car. This is something that should have been put in place years ago.

Comment

Ripoff Britain

I came down the M6 toll road ( One Way) for the F&F & paid £3.50 for the privilege It must be no more than 20 miles long & they are putting up the price in Jan. It's definitely ripoff Britain & the motorist seems to be at the top of the firing line
              [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

We should all off and leave it to the imigrants and terrorists, this country has had it

Comment

Its going down the panlast one out switch the lights off.

Comment

but then they wont be able to see each other

Comment

Its a sad state of affairs, hopefully the place will hold together long enough to see me out. Its our kids and grand kids I worry for. God knows what the country will be like when they get to our age.
                      Sorry I think I'm becoming a manic depressive.

Comment

you and me both mate.
                        when I was 16 I said I didn't want kids because there was nothing to bring them up for, it's no different now !
                        Last edited by polepot; 23 December 2006, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Merry Xmas guys

Comment

Yes Merry ------- Christmas

Comment

433 000 signatures so far that should meake them sit up and take notice.

Comment

Working...
                              X