Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

A winter walk 22nd Jan 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A winter walk 22nd Jan 2007

Here are a few photos from a walk up Snowdon up the Pyg track & down the Miners Track which was a 6 hr walk.
    Wind chill was -17, wind speed gusts up to 50mph. It wasn't easy but we made it to the summit & back safely. The snow was up to the knee in places & the isotonic drinks i was carrying froze in the bottles!!

Even in the car park it was freezing. Note the fashionable over trousers

Half way to the top. The summit can be seen above my head in the distance...... A long way to go.

On the summit after a 3hr hard climb in swirling snow & freezing winds.
    [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

looks a bit like brum scatty....looks fantastic Paul
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Thats the coldest weather I've ever experienced Larry, took a big effort to make the summit nearly turned back about an hour after the middle photo was taken. Stuck it out & made the top. The scenery was stunning & the visibility on the top was to the horizon.....
      If u think I was mad there were three guys climbing with ropes on the cliffs opposite to us up a vertical face-approx 2000ft. They were about half way up with 90 Min's daylight left to make the top & get off the mountain... Absolutely crazy in my opinion.

Comment

nutters........
        In darkness we do what we can
        In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Well done Paul, excellent achievement

Comment

Nice one Paul, the views are stunning.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Bloody NUTTER Scatty.

Bet it felt great though when you got to the top

Makes us younger lads proud of you oldies.
              [B]MALC[/B]
              [COLOR="Red"][B]THE JINX[/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Tried it when i was about 14.We[the school]got to a cafe that was half way up,and that was it.Back down we went.Well done,its hard enough in the summer,but in that weather,im amazed they let you go to the top.As for the rock climbers,the mind boggles.
                cornerstone

Comment

Jeez that looks VERY hard and cold!

Well done to you for doing it
                  [COLOR="Magenta"][B][FONT="Arial Black"]The Minx[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/GemmaD/Banners/sig2.gif[/IMG]

Comment

And here,s me thinking I was mad going up the garden shed for a screwdriver.
                    Well done mate

Comment

Originally posted by ridgeacre
                      And here,s me thinking I was mad going up the garden shed for a screwdriver.
                      Well done mate
                      You got a bar in your garden shed then Frank?

I'll have a pint

Well done Paul, what a great experience

Comment

with pics to prove it , when I do a 'forrest gump' its 3 in the morning and theres no one around to witness it

Comment

Thank you lad's & lasses for the kind comments . I decided last year I needed some exercise & I think walking in the mountains is good for the soul as well as your heart

We are booked into a hostel in Fort William, Scotland at the beginning of March when we will be walking over this CMD Arete which is the ridge route up Ben Nevis, The highest mountain in Britain.

Meanwhile on the fishing front I have a few team practice matches for this years Supercup over the next few weeks.................

Comment

you'll need it matey

Comment

Judging by how the venue is fishing at the moment everybody will need practice or a stick of dynamite.

Comment

Working...
                              X