Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

New site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New site.

I like the look of the new site.
    For some reason I couldn't get on with the last one, this is more like the old site. Well done.

I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
    He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Thanks Jethro, look forward to seeing a few posts from you.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
      I like the look of the new site.
      For some reason I couldn't get on with the last one, this is more like the old site. Well done.

Other than being a 100% Quicker ,what other Changes are there ?
      Layout on my page is the same as before !!
      Hopefully the Speed issue will encourage New members to join & old members to start
      using the site regularly again ,
      Certainly seems a Major Improvement on the last server
      Thanks Brian for all of your behind the scenes work in getting thing's done
      The Site would have folded completely 2 yrs ago without your dedication & persistence
      You are a Star !!
      Hope to see a lot of the old crowd back soon .
      I miss the Banter & the wind ups ,& certain people throwing their toys out the pram.
      Although I personally would Never Wind anyone up or even make any tongue in cheek innuendo.
      As everyone is aware I am a very Shy ,Sensitive Old man .
      Once again Brian .Thanks from us all
      Col
      Colin

Comment

Thanks Col much appreciated however non of this, would have been possible without the vital contribution from Oneabung. Very little on the site has changed from a viual point of view, its still VBulletin 5 just that the hosting is by VBulletin as well, we should get better support from them, I believe that issues posting photographs, has been resolved, previously there appeared to be no way to delete any photograph, space for photos was limited and soon filled. I had to delete complete threads to remove a photo. Up to yet the only issue seems to be on font size for some early days I know.
        I have suggested that the Forum home page needs a rework it has too many sections on it, some rarely used, which can make the site look stale. Members thoughts and ideas welcome on this

Comment

It appears to me more like the old site. I never had speed issues with it as it was, perhaps I'm too slow. I know most preferred the altered site. I just didn't. I don't photograph fish so photos don't interest me.
          Regarding posts if I had anything to contribute I would, the older I get I realise what I have to say is more and more insignificant.

Comment

Jethro believe me there were speed issues, somedays it would take minutes to load a page, even longer to post a thread, connecting to the site would just simply time out, I had to clear the stes cache on a regular basis for it to work anything like decent. Now you were lucky if you did not experience these issues. Adding a photo to a sales advert has got to help with a sale, adding a picture or two to a match report has got to add interest, many were finding that not an option due to errors in the software, hopefully this has improved, early days I know but it looks positive. Loosing members visiting the site because of speed issues meant a down turn in both new threads and post in reply. Left alone the site would simply wither away. New site was probably a wrong term to use, as the site was not new, just where it was hosted and with the latest version of the software, hence not much visual appearance to it.
            However nice to see you back on site and posting.

Comment

I don't disbelieve anything you say Brian. If you Colin and any other members say it's better then it's OK.
              By the way I've not been anywhere, I look in every day. Just because I don't contribute to threads doesn't mean I've gone elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
              X