Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Loads to do! Are you keeping busy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loads to do! Are you keeping busy?

Hi all
    hope you're all well and keeping safe in these difficult times.
    so now we have to stay in for at least 3 weeks- probably more-what are you going to be doing to keep busy?
    its important to keep your mind as busy as possible as well as your body- by going for walks,riding a bike etc
    No excuse for dirty tackle now eh?
    what fishing jobs have you been putting off for a while?
    I've got a load of new pole elastic to put in my top kits-and there's no better time to do it I guess
    also tying up fresh pole rigs will help kill some time.
    And just generally cleaning up my gear for when we can get out on the banks again,
    what are you planning? Not just fishing wise but in general
    any diy jobs you need to catch up with?
    I look forward to seeing what you're planning/doing
    please take care and stay safe- and thanks to the emergency services and key workers that are doing a grand job to keep us safe and well.

Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Currently starting the spring cleaning of the kitchen, where does all the dust and grime come from, found out we got lots of hand wash stuff, scourers, hiding in the cupboard under the sink, best cross them off shopping list. Next its on to the spare bedroom full of tools from my bathroom refurb, once emptied its on to the tackle see what I can sort for my lad, hes got the bug, looks like when this lot is over I might be having the odd outing with him. In between best sort my greenhhouses out, ready to grow a few tomatoes and fuchsias. looks like my 12 week lockdown is going to be filled. As Paul said hope eveyone keeps safe, and free of this virus.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Unfortunately we are still working. Not really essential work as we make Aircraft engine parts. Option is to self confine to barracks and get about ninety quid a week SSP. Trying to keep our distances and keep as safe as possible in a manufacturing environment. Far from ideal.

Comment

if your job is not essential .Your company have no option but too close .
        Its only their HR department that are telling you ,that you will only get SSP
        They have to Close ( No Choice ) you will be paid 80% of your wage
        My wife's employer told them the same as did another local firm .
        Report em its stupid irresponsible & Illegal to stay open
        The country is locked down .Firms that refuse to close are putting people's lives @ risk
        The Owners should be arrested I M O

Colin

Comment

Latest today is our MD says Gov want large companies and their suppliers to stay open to support the economy. Our main customer is Rolls Royce, Not happy and SSP is still being noted as our option.

Comment

Still working as outlined above

we all need to do our bit in any industry I take solace that if only minor we contribution will help one person then it’s worth it #pulltogether
            " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

Comment

Been a very good boy only one outing so far to the chemist - luckily I have a large garden so plenty to do, even tied some hooks last week but soon got bored of that after a dozen or so. Feel I’ve been lazy over the weekend and doing less and less...........going to get tough but we’ll hopefully come through it together.

stay safe guys.

AB

Comment

Old man phone needed a new case,that took up 1 1/2 hrs of boredom. DSC00090.JPGDSC00092.JPGDSC00095.JPGDSC00098.JPG
                Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

I can recommend Dead Man Shoes on you tube,British movie at its best👍
                  OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

I'm doing absolutely nothing, it's ingrained in me over the years.
                    Health issues prevented me from working, now it's a chore for me to get motivated.
                    God knows if I will ever get fishing again. On the plus side, my wife is getting back to herself.
                    The pressure is lifting.
                    I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                    He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Keep strong Jethro, I know how hard it is to get motivated, given the current situation. I am slowly getting a bit done, but all to easy to think theres allways tomorrow. Glad to see your wife is improving. Just maybe theres someone on the site who could pal up with you and get you on the bank.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

I'm trying to keep confident, everything revolves around my wife at the moment. The corona situation is not really an issue for me.
                        She's coping well, she's far stronger than I am both mentally and physically.
                        Thanks Brian much appreciated
                        I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                        He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane View Post
                          Old man phone needed a new case,that took up 1 1/2 hrs of boredom. DSC00090.JPGDSC00092.JPGDSC00095.JPGDSC00098.JPG
                          Nice job. Will need big pockets. lol

Comment

Fits fine but I put a cord on it and hang it round my neck,have done for years,
                            Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
                              I'm doing absolutely nothing, it's ingrained in me over the years.
                              Health issues prevented me from working, now it's a chore for me to get motivated.
                              God knows if I will ever get fishing again. On the plus side, my wife is getting back to herself.
                              The pressure is lifting.
                              A man after my own heart .Stay Safe my Friend ,
                              My Gear is still spread all over the place .Some still in the car from last time I went out .
                              I have been suffering from the worst bout of man flu ever ..Honestly thought on 3 or 4 occasions that I wouldn't make the next day .cant even remember some days feel like I have been run over by a train.
                              fishing stuff won't work any better clean & Shiny or covered in Mud & mold
                              So if I make it back ,then I will just Scrape the crap off it
                              Stay safe fellas .+
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X