Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Don't Laugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Laugh

At the grand age of 44 i have just caught chicken pox. The wife and kids can't stop laughing at my spoty body (they used to laugh at my body anyway but know its worse) even the doctor was laughing has he diagnosed it. The lads at work were very sympathetic, the last text message said "unclean" with a bell tolling in the background.

So no fishing for a couple of weeks and itching like b*ggery, life can only get better
    Steve Davies

sorry It could have been worse, usually in adults the chicken pox virus comes out as ' Shingles ', and believe me that is bloody painful.

Comment

Cheers dave i was feeling sorry for myself, the wife says the only reason i've got chicken pox and not shingles is because i'm a big kid at heart.
      Steve Davies

Comment

sorry It could have been worse, usually in adults the chicken pox virus comes out as ' Shingles ', and believe me that is bloody painful.

It does only if you have already had chicken pox the virus lies in your body till it wants to re-appear and you can get shingles any time.Your right it is bloody painfull.
        Hard look mate

Comment

Get better soon

Yeah i reckon ur lucky DNW . I had shingles about 15 years ago. I didn't get sick pay @ the time so took my prescribed pain relief & had to go to work. Very painful although u dont come out in a rash all over.

Dont forget NO itchin those spots,,
          [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Cheers lads, luckily i'm an engineer in a food factory so they won't let me back until its all cleared up, but getting sick pay so not to bad.

Sat here bored the thought of fishing the match at rolphs when it gets warmer cheers me up no end. It might be peggy and with my drawing arm i'll have no chance but to see some one bagging up will be great, and also put names to faces and enjoy the banter. Bring on the spring.
            Steve Davies

Comment

I'm still suffering from shingles which came out on Boxing day 2005! Make sure your doctor gives you the"antidote" within 72 hours and the post neuralgia is eased!! MINE DIDN'T!!
              John - Kingfisher
              Talk Angling Senior Member
              Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

i got chicken pox when i was 18 and i made the mistake of scratching some of them and they have left a scar

Comment

Working...
                X