Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Question of the day, 46 years to the day and they let him go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the day, 46 years to the day and they let him go

So they finally let Ronnie Biggs go at 80 years oif age, im not sure if I agree or disagree

whats your thoughts
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Its not just this case but if all murders, rapists etc had to do life and i mean life not just 10 years would this not be a deterent to others. I think that because he rubbed the authorities noses in it that they have kept him locked until he is very ill. I would always look at the victim and how long it takes them to recover from the crime before releasing anyone so if some one is murderd they should wrote in prison, if some one is crippled either mentally or physically the scum that caused it should do at least 20years. One last point in a case were the authorities stamp down on it like robbing a train and give heavy sentance how many trains have been robbed since.
    Steve Davies

Comment

If he hadn't done a runner he'd have been out decades ago.

No sympathy.

Comment

Why is everyone so concerned about Ronnie Biggs? he was a bit part player in the train and did not deserved a 30, good for him staying at large for so long. Why don't the newspapers worry more about nonces like Huntley or the 2 scumbags who killed Jamie Bulger who are about to be given new identities and set free. How about keeping these people in the publics memory?
        Come on you Spurs!

Comment

HERE HERE corn king but as DNW states they just kept him jail cos he was rubbing there noses in it but he did commit the crime so he should do the time
          A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work?????:p:eek:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Our system of Law proves that fact, there are guys that have done far worse and out in shorter periods of time.

A lot seems to be down to how much your willing to pay for your breif
            [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
            [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

What i find really sad. Is this.
              The justice system is geared toward capitalism. Brinks mat robbers get what amounts to life for attempting to steal bullion.
              Yet perpetrate a crime on another human being, be it rape, murder and the most horrible of crimes paedophillia and you can expect to be out in a relatively short time.
              Biggs was a celebrity criminal, he showed no remorse for his actions and Lived a long and fullfilling life in Brazil.
              Had to be made to pay for his crime somehow.
              One off scenario this one which i feel will divide a lot of opinion.
              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

He wasnt that great a train robber anyway......he robbed 1 train AND got caught!!

Comment

typical of our legal system.
                  life should mean life no ifs no buts, no he had a crap childhood it dont wash.
                  people should be responsible for there own actions, not blame stuff on the Doc slapping there backsides the wrong way when they were born (slight exageration but you get the drift).

as long as this politically correct society continues to florish there will always be an army of dogooders shouting human rights abuse for ant scum bag that has broken the law.

and as for re-enstating the death penelty, DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THAT ONE
                  everything louder than everything else:D

Comment

Who is ronnie biggs sorry for my ignorance?
                    I aint that good but i'll always catch em

Comment

Originally posted by jamie444 View Post
                      he wasnt that great a train robber anyway......he robbed 1 train and got caught!! :d

excellent :d
                      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

30 years for armed robbery....yet lead a toddler to a secluded spot, torture him, kill him and then leave him on a railway line so hopefully a train will get rid of the evidence and you only get 8 years, and then then when your 8 years are up they give you a new identity and the choice of a career in the army or emigration to Australia...Our justice system stinks.

Ronnie Biggs is a victim of his own success if you ask me. I dont for one minute condone what he did but the fact that he rubbed the authorities noses in it once he hopped of to Brazil and live a life of luxury really stuck in the throats of those that decided if he was to be released early or not. I think it is time for him to be released to die with just a little bit of dignity.
                        [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]18 TIMES AND THATS A FACT!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

He's harmless now, so which ever is cheapest for the tax payer..... he rubbed our noses in it as well - living the good life off stolen cash & then coming back so he could receive medical attention at the expence of the tax payer.
                          Lets be honest though, if he all of a sudden got well again he'd start raking in the dosh from doing chat shows.... not just the law that stinks in this country.

Comment

Right... Ronnie Biggs stole from the so callled establisment(the money they stole was used bank notes totalling 2.5 million pounds give or take a few quid) which was to be burnt in Glasgow.

The train driver at the time whose name escapes me.apparantly died some 7 years later,but not proved as a result of the robbery,and it's never been proved as to who dealt the injurous blow to the driver.

He ronnie Biggs served 15 months in wandsworth jail ,and escaped and ended up in Brazil,where he sapent 30 odd years living it up on the proceeds.

Now what you have to remember is in 1963 when this crime was commited ,it was very heavily frowned upon,and the death penilty was still in existance for murder,and the next most heinous crime was to steal from the state which biggs and his cronies did,so on this example the gov have been lenient in the way they have dealt with biggs,and he should count himself as a very lucky man to only serve10 years for a crime that had a 30 year sentance at the time.

Comment

glad somone mentiond the train driver

Comment

Working...
                              X