Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Agricultural Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agricultural Land

Anyone got an idea of the value of agricultural land?

Just went and saw avery nice pice of land 20 acres with a small river running through it - perfect for my fishery to be... any ideas what's a good price to pay for this type of land?
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Land for Sale Durham - Land Investment

Have a look at this

Comment

it does give other area,s

Comment

Not absolutely sure but it wont be any less than around £5000 /acre. based on that figure you will be looking at at £100,000 I believe the current average is nearer £6000.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Most of them have residential properties on them or are with possible planning permissions, which effects the price considerably, my figure of £6k was what we looked at as being the value of the land that our waters are on, which is considered to be agricultural land.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Brian, we are further north than you - does that mean I should go in with an offer of a bit less?
            Simon Young
            Admin

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung
              Thanks Brian, we are further north than you - does that mean I should go in with an offer of a bit less?
              It means you still need to do some home work on YOUR area as every area in totally different and prices cannot be guessed at judged on a different area.

Down here in The valleys in agri land the price varies a heck of a lot as an example 3 miles up the valley from me a 2 acre field with gated off road access is on the market at £1K FREEHOLD.

BUT 4 miles down the valley from me there is a 1½ acre field with no gated access on the market at £4k.
              [B]MALC[/B]
              [COLOR="Red"][B]THE JINX[/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Just re-read my above post and dont read it as being sarky as thats not the way it's intended.
                [B]MALC[/B]

Comment

Malc, I appreciate the advice - just trying to get some opinions - just wish I could find land at the prices you can!
                  Simon Young
                  Admin

Comment

The plot at 1k has malc nd family squatting in the corner

Comment

It'll never sell then Neil.
                      Last edited by Gem; 15 March 2007, 06:59 PM. Reason: I think that should read 'sell' rather than 'sale'- Dad always has trouble with those too :D :rolleyes: :p Gem
                      [B]MALC[/B]

Comment

So it is obvious there is a wide variation between land prices, what I have planned now if to do some searches on the land registry which should tell me the prices for land sold around the specific area.

Does anyone have experience of surveying land - what I now need to do as the next step is survey the land to find out how deep the clay goes all across the fields - what should this cost and how is it done? And can anyone recommend a company that does it - any help appreciated.
                        Simon Young
                        Admin

Comment

Depending upon the depth of soil you want to profile, depends upon the method you can employ.

If you want to go to around 0.5m, a 'trial pit' dug by a JCB would suffice.

I guess you want to go around 2m? For this it would be best to sink a series of 'boreholes'.

A 'Ground Investigation' contractor will do this for you with a 'cable percusion' rig - basicly this a bit of kit towed behind a landrover, it bashes a tube into the ground to the required depth and extracts the 'core' of soil which they will 'log' the soil types / properties for you.

The benefit of this type of investigation is that if you want they can install a 'standpipe' which you can measure the ground water levels over a period of time, helping you decide how deep etc you need to dig to maintain a decent water level in the pool. If it is all clay however, you may not find any ground water present, therfore you will need to pipe water in from the nearest source.

I do not know any local contactors to you, but i'm sure there are some. Give one a call, explain what you doing and I'm sure they will be helpfull.

It all sounds complicated but it isn't really - hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                          X