Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Any Appliance Engineers Out There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Appliance Engineers Out There

I have a fault with the main/fan oven where by it appears to not be getting power through to it.
    I have checked out the thermostat by replacing it with the small oven one as its the same type. I have replaced the selector switch with a new one.
    The timer appears to be functional as it does all it should according to the handbook.
    The fan element has continuity when tested so is ok.
    Have I missed any thing as I am now at a loss is there a fuse or overload device that may have gone,
    Cooker is a Delonghi DFS090DO

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Brian at a guess altho u say the time is functional on most leccy cookers i have worked on the timer will be the cause of this problem .
    Blind acceptance is a sign of stupid fools that stand in line

Comment

As its the only thing that technically I cant check you may well be right Bob, as you might guess its the dearest bit to replace at £100 and is hardly ever used, I am awaiting a call from a Delonghi service engineer so guess its micro wave food for a day or two or a visit to the local carvery which is currently doing a meal for £3-50

Comment

£3.50 i wouldnt get the cooker repaired Brian id be down the carvary every day @ that price
        Blind acceptance is a sign of stupid fools that stand in line

Comment

OK Bri name and location requested.(the pub that is)
          Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

There are several that do the carvery at that price one is Sheldon Hall in Birmingham, The Plume of Feathers, Shirley. Unfortunately it becomes a bit more expensive when all the family descend on a Sunday which is a biit dearer at £6-50.

Comment

Brian, probably too late now but the guy who fitted our oven put in a fused spur. might be worth having a look around near the oven.

Comment

Cheers Mouseman theres no fused spur it was fitted to existing cooker switch and one half of the ovens work.

Comment

If the oven is not heating up it could well be the element which has gone. ive replaced 2 in mine now

Comment

The element has continuty so shouild be ok, the fan does not work neither does the light,just been to the chippy so not starving yet, good job the other oven works at least I can grill a bit of bacon and sausage lol

Comment

faulty oven

bri if fan /light/and oven not working might be a dodgy neutral connection somwhere have you had the back of the oven off and checked connections there . MAKE sure to turn power off first i dont want to be responsible for TAs first electrocution

Comment

Back off its still leaning up the wall, I have virtually stripped the whole lot of the electrical side down, tried contacting Delonghi technical support waiting on an engineer to phone me back, bet he dont work Saturdays lol.

Comment

I know its a bit late but just check to see if there is a micro switch on the door as these can also stop the oven from working
                          As far as continuity on the element this can sometimes be false as i have found out in the past.
                          Also as you say you aren't getting and fan motor either check out the temperature cutouts on the oven as sometimes they don't reset if tripped.
                          You might have it fixed by now so ignore above lol
                          PS I am a service engineer
                          Rough Hay A C

Comment

Cheers Cheslyboy no I aint fixed it yet but as the small oven works it has to wait till I have fished the Glebe tomorrow. Well you do have to get lifes prioriteis right

Comment

hi brian,
                              just wondering if you got your cooker sorted

Comment

Working...
                              X