Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Theyre not always a pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theyre not always a pain

Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

i have the worlds most aggressive swans at one of my local waters.they will physically attack you just for fishing in their pool.
    these 2 look very happy, did you take the snap Pete??
    :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Comment

Have to be honest the wife took it but i edited it,heres the original

Comment

Nice one mate - we had our first cygnet here this year since I've been here. 5 hatched, but 4 disappeared overnight one weekend. They stay on the fish farm ponds, so they don't bother the fishermen. They love pellets!

We had a little egret a couple of weeks ago!
        [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Beautiful birds but they can be thick at times.

Comment

i personaly like to see wildlife on lakes after all we are tresspasing on their habitat
            work is for people who cant fish---i want a job

Comment

I am also happy to share the enviroment,but it can sometimes become a pain.once had rats climbing out on tree branches to pinch my mixers off the surface of the lake.

Comment

you edited out the other one the ugly duckling gets it in the neck again..
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Guinness is good for you.

Comment

Its just survival of the prettiest lol.

Comment

Mark.
                    I used to work in bird conservation. Once you have hold of a swan they go very docile.
                    The trick is to nab the bleeders kneck with one hand just below the head.
                    Pull it toward you and wrap your arms round it's body to trap it's wings.
                    Easy once you get the hang of it. Honestly.
                    Their bark is a lot worse than their bite. Ive had them fall asleep in my arms when carrying them.
                    They don't bite very hard either.
                    Try it next time the big bully picks on you.
                    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

will do mate, i dont like bothering them too much , but they come looking for trouble. i have saved the things life once already, a lurcher got hold of it. dog got a boot up the arse, owner nearly had one as well. some people just dont care about rules(no dogs). all i got was wack in the face and a size 16 embedded in my leg when i lept off my box to get the dog off.
                      i ve seen those little fabric carriers for swans, the rspca use them, really funny seeing a swan being carried around in a bag.
                      :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Comment

Only ever had dealing with one aggresive swan,at shatterford(i think they called him Henry) if you didnt give him grub he took the right hump lol. but most disconcerting was to wake up in the middle of the night to find a deer in your bivvy looking for grub,pass the brown trousers.

Comment

Our cob attacked me earlier this year, so i grabbed him and carried him down the bank then stuck him back in the pool! they are very docile, he just stuck his head forward and grunted a lot.... not very mute that day, lol. I have recorded loads of bird species here - even had a pair of stork or crane, not sure which, soaring overhead as I fished one of the open matches in the summer. We get some lovely long necked black things too, not sure what they are!
                          [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Ithink they call em cormorants mate.i counted 50 on our place last winter.

Comment

wow do u know wht they are doing

Comment

Working...
                              X