Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

What genre of music suites you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What genre of music suites you

I have got a mp4 player and started putting my 165 albums that are in the loft onto it and have it has got me back into music. When i was a teenager it was heavy rock (deep purple, rainbow, led zep etc) then when girls came along i had a shift to new romantic (japan, omd etc) then when i got married it was Bowie all 17 albums. Any way to cut a long story short i have music from punk to soul and the only music i can't stand is rap but i have know gone full circle and have bought all the heavy rock/metal cd's again.

What is the favourite music type of an angler.
    Steve Davies

I only really listen to music when I'm driving & then only on the radio.
    Stressed out in traffic about a year to 18 months ago I accidentally tuned in to Classic FM & have stuck with it since (in the car only). Not everyones cup of tea but highly recommended to avoid road rage. I still don't know many of the tune names but you'd be surprised how many you recognise from TV adverts & films.

Comment

My first love was bands like Madness, The Beat, Specials and the Jam. Then I discovered U2 with the release of the Unforgettable fire album when I was 16. With other bands like Simple minds that was about it for the eighties. Then came girls,drinking and clubbing in the nineties and a wayward decade of pure indulgence in clubmusic. I used to listen to some right rubbish just to try and understand what other people were talking about but to be honest it was a load of cobblers. There was some good stuff mixed in but no consistancy apart from one album from Leftfield called Leftism. As I settled down to a normal life in the new millenium i started listening to U2 again and some of the indie groups from the 90s and onwards like the Stoneroses. Must admit that I do like acoustic sets with great singers on the vocals from a wide and varied stream of musical backgrounds. I mainly listen to David Grey, Damien Rice and Elbow at the moment with the odd classic like Songbird from Eva Cassidy. Music for Moods.

Comment

QUEEN, The best group ever.
        The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others

Comment

I have stone roses and soup draggons etc very good music. I used to think queen were rubbish (because my brother loved them) then when they did live aid, even on the tv it was something special so i changed my mind. I am know feeling old that around about 1981 ish.
          Steve Davies

Comment

mmmm

whats on the ipod at the mo..

Staind..
            Disturbed..
            Tool..
            Metallica..

Few other bits and bobs...

But Steve, I dont listen to any of em whilst fishing...
            Effort = Reward.

Comment

I was brought up on military band music and Glenn Millar back in the late 60's (due to my dad).
              I can listen to any type really except rap (what a load of tripe).
              My personal solo favorite is Madonna saw her live at Wembley back in very early 90's what performer. every word live and absolutely brilliant.
              Only one group for me and has been since i came across them in 1979 when my mate gave me an album to listen to.
              The one and only PINK FLOYD and dark side of the moon. Best album ever.
              When my daughter did disco dancing got in to the dance scene music which came in handy when i was driving the stretch limo around Birmingham and Worcester. Castles in the sky (tune). She danced in front of 10'000 people at the NIA tattoo which was great especially when the military bands came on, brought my childhood flooding back to me.
              [SIZE="3"][COLOR="#2e8b57"][COLOR="lime"][SIZE="4"]Maver-Rich[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

NEW PB 108lb 2oz, 26/08/2012 Wyatt?s pool, Cobhouse Fishery
              106lb 4oz, 17/08/2011 Laugherne Island pool, Cobhouse Fishery

Comment

I'm really enjoying the new Kassabian album at the moment, then its either Oasis, Paul Weller(Jam,Style Council), Arctic Monkeys, The Kooks or The Specials, The Beat, Selector or The Who.

Comment

All of the above plus classical, country Elvis, Dylan... anything really. my mrs is the real music buff, so I listen to wotever's on
                  [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

stuff that's easy tp listen too while your float watching.........johnny cash,frank turner,bruce springstein,the gaslight anthem,alabamma three..............some you wont have heard of but all worth a listen,incidentally the last one's are responsible for the fine tune that accompanies the best programme ever to hit tv, sopranoes !!!
                    Sean Hanrahan

Comment

Jazz Funk and Soul is my bag......From the Brothers Johnson to Maze to Bobbi Humphreys to Donald Byrd, been like that since 1977..... and I ain't gonna change now.....An old Soul boy...

Comment

Enough said
                        The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others

Comment

Originally posted by Gazmat View Post
                          Jazz Funk and Soul is my bag......From the Brothers Johnson to Maze to Bobbi Humphreys to Donald Byrd, been like that since 1977..... and I ain't gonna change now.....An old Soul boy...
                          The Brothers Johnson, haven't heard that name for a long time ! didn't they sing 'Stomp' ?, I reckon I bought that on a 45.

Comment

I am with you Jeff the best ever
                            A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work?????:p:eek:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

also like all sorts except rap,big muse fan also the moody blues,the cars,neil diamond, elvis,kings of leon,queen,souxie and the banshees,blondie,killers.also try to get to at least one gig a year

Comment

Working...
                              X