Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Plumbing Apprenticeship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbing Apprenticeship

I am looking for a plumbing apprenticeship
    i have done my first year and passed all my exams just need the apprenticeship now
    i am in halesowen so if there is anybody on here who is plumber
    please pm me

theres plenty of plumbers on here jay.well,sounds like plumbers anyway....

Comment

bein serious now jay,u shouldnt have any trouble findin a plumbin job its a real good trade mate..

Comment

could do with a job back in that trade myself
        Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

i have been looking for a year now mate thats why i work in storeys now or kinder work in storeys haha

Comment

my son has done 3 yrs at collage and passed everything but cos he never had a apprentiship
            he is not qualitfied ,if anyone nr me sthelens is looking for someone please ,please contact me .he drives so can work further afield
            thanks

Comment

Thing's down here seem to be picking up slowly but surely,hopefully with in 6 months will be flyin.

Comment

a few pointers!

most people target the bigger companies when looking for apprenticeships!
                dont be affraid to target one man bands though as this was where i got my start,,!
                he was my gaffer but is now one of my best mates too!
                i have moved on to a bigger place now with better pay and benefits!
                i told him i just wanted a placement for the duration of the apprenticeship and we would take it from there as and when i qualified!
                he appreciated this as he knew he was not just going to get dumped when i qualified and vice versa !
                he also benifited from a willing learner and lets face it,, cheap labour !
                only fair when you concider the current financial climate!
                one man bands are also the best place to learn because its sort of one on one tuition and also on bigger jobs he may need you to use your own anitiative and work on your own which can only build your self confidence!
                after only a few months my gaffer had the confidence in me to give my own van and tools and do some of the smaller day to day jobs,, i,e leaking toilets and sinks ect!
                thus bringing in a profitable little income to the business!
                its about proving your worth and like it or not you must be prepaired to take a shoddy wage and do the dirtier jobs to get your foot in the door and earn the gaffers respect!
                earn this and your laughing mate!
                its also a good idea to offer yourself to prospective employers as a helping hand on sudden one off contract or big jobs where an extra pair of hands could make a big difference in job completion,, even if its just labouring and scurrying under floors!
                again this is about getting your foot in the door and puts you in prime position for future appraisle!

lastly,, as you say you have been trying for i while?,,,,
                so was i,,, dont let it get you down mate,,just keep grinding away and have the belief that you will make it in your chosen profession!
                most would and do quit mate,, just stick with it !
                good luck fella!
                :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

cheers mate the advide mate
                  my name has been passed on after this thread and have a trial with a chap on friday fingers crossed everything goes okay

Comment

if anyone on here can help my son out please can you contact me as i say he done 3yrs but needs his nvg he is telling me ,its ashame he done all he needs and still nothing
                    we are based in northwest

Comment

Working...
                    X