Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Bye bye charlton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye bye charlton

Maybe they should have had a bit more faith in dowie.Birmingham did and now they are swapping places.I suppose larry teapot will start going down to the blues again now they are prem bound.Anyhow speaking from a villa point of view,thanks to mr pardue we have remained unbeaten for about 8 games.after he stuck the villa up in the changing room as a potential relegation candidate,we have started to play decent football again.also bad luck roeder.We still havent forgot how you made james milner go back to newcastle as he was about to sign for us.that after we played him all season and turned him into a very good player.On the plus side at least the geordies will have a proper manager when big sam joins,even though he should be englands manager.The last relegation spot looks destined for wigan,i like paul jewell so i hope not,i think west ham will survive,but they have had a fantastic run so probably deserve to.I wonder how reading will go next year?Wigan had a good run last year.It seems like the newer teams get found out in their second year.Roll on next season.
    thanks
    cornerstone.

It'll be a shame to see 3 London sides go down. .....hopefully replaced by two midlands teams.

Comment

anyone lend £430 i have a £100 already towards my season ticket i used to love weighing in on our pegs 60 to 80 you could hear the blues run out and the first goal going in... comon blues were back
      In darkness we do what we can
      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Brady will probably put the prices up.You need new players.
        cornerstone

Comment

We have struggled this season on the pitch and "more importantly, in my opinion" in the transfer markets. Its hard when a little club like Wigan get into the big league as the "attraction" of Premiership football alone is just not important enough for some players these days. But, to use the old addage, there are still many twists and turns to come before the end of the season next weekend. I will be the eternal optimist and predict Wigan will stay up, so too will West Ham, with Sheffield Utd being the ones through the trap door. I would like to see the hammers go down though, not too sure Trevor Brooking and the chaps at the Premier League would allow that to happen mind. "Far too big a club to go down" - my ar*e.

Comment

down hammers

boro fan hammers are cheats and deserve 2 go .boro got fined and 6 points deducted which saw us regalated 1997 i am and still bitter and twisted

Comment

I must agree with wigandan and madkipper.If west ham had already been relegated then they would have had points deducted.Forgot about boro,but i remember milton keynes being docked.You never know wigan could win and westham could still go down on goal difference.The trouble with this time of year is some teams have a bit of luck with the fixtures as well.Take liverpool v fulham.No way would fulham have beaten a full strength liverpool.But due to champions league they rested NINE players.When west ham play man utd ,how many utd players will be rested because of the fa cup final.Some managers have been complaining[neil warnock one of them],but its called squad rotation,nice if the squads big enough to do it.It would be more even if all teams were only allowed to use so many players per season,maybe you have to name 20 players to use,it might even up the league.Good luck wigan the weekend.The villa tried to help you last week,its now in your own hands.
              cornerstone.

Comment

That useless big black bloke... whats his name...... ah HESKY... relegated 2 years running unlucky.
                Wigan were robbed by blues he he he he

Comment

Ahhh yes, that useless bloke Heskey....I take it you've not much idea about the game, or have ever seen a live game (with your eyes open)

Yep, the lad doesnt score many, but his work rate and committment for us this year has been as good as anything Ive seen at the JJB from a centre forward. Only Dimitar Berbatov has surpassed him for work rate at our ground. That guy is just a class act all round.

Comment

Originally posted by WiganDan
                    Ahhh yes, that useless bloke Heskey....I take it you've not much idea about the game, or have ever seen a live game (with your eyes open)

Yep, the lad doesnt score many, but his work rate and committment for us this year has been as good as anything Ive seen at the JJB from a centre forward. Only Dimitar Berbatov has surpassed him for work rate at our ground. That guy is just a class act all round.
                    Yes I have seen him play at blues. and yes i know a little about the game....score goals win games and stay up sadly wigan are not good at any of them
                    Pity I was hoping you stay up over them cheating scummy cheating cockney tw#ts But you blew it big style by losing against them
                    He was like that for his 1st year at blues and even got player of the year,but it didnt last.
                    Works like a shire horse,doesnt score many but hey he's a center forward.....but saying that center forwards are supposed to score lots of goals right to help you stay up, are you not more than likely getting relegated soon.
                    Hmmmmmm he hasnt helped you much this season just like last season for blues.

I hope you stay up and the cockneys go down!!!!

Comment

Wigandan.If you do go down then your best bet is to go cap in hand to arsenal and beg arsen wenger to loan you some of his young fring players.You might go straight back up then.as for heskey try to sell him to one of the teams going up.Mind you if harry from portsmouth signed him he would probably score 20 goals next year.Albion thought Kanu was finished,harry's had him playing great this year.
                      cornerstone

Comment

Thats the point I was trying to get across Cornerstone. Just because a player doesnt play well for a particular team, doesnt mean they're crap. Kanu was an excellent example. I suppose Andy Johnstone is another. Scored for fun for Palace, under achieved so far at Everton.

Fernando Morientes at Liverpool, Shevchenko at Chelsea, etc....

Comment

Working...
                        X