Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Dogs fault or owners fault?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs fault or owners fault?

After the awful attack by two rottwielers on a young girl out riding her bike in the park
    the time must come for drastic action against owners of any dog(not just Rotties)who attack for no reason,the people who own these dogs or any dog for that matter seem to have blind faith that there dogs are perfectly well behaved,because they have trained them to certain level.i am a dog owner by the way,and a responsible one at that.whats the answer?i wish i knew ,im not looking for an argument just healthy debate.
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

u can makes any dog dangerous if u dont train the right i have 2 dogue de borbeux 1 10stone 1 12 stone soft as a brush but well behavied and trained well but the size of them i dont let them off the lead anywere the just have to knock u to take u off yr feet
    stainforth angling full of loving for all ;)

Comment

You can't blame a dog. They are only intelligent enough to behave in a certain way for reward, or to follow thier instinct. You can't always blame the owner, I think some dogs have a tendancy to revert to the animal insticts in certain situations, rotweilers are after all a hunting dog? Maybe in this case a certain trigger set one of the dogs off, and perhaps the other followed suit.

Personally I think any dog that has the ability to seriously harm, or has a potentially agressive ( by breeding ) nature, should be faded out for general ownership. It needs a good look at, these attacks seem quite common these days.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubb Tamer View Post
        u can makes any dog dangerous if u dont train the right i have 2 dogue de borbeux 1 10stone 1 12 stone soft as a brush but well behavied and trained well but the size of them i dont let them off the lead anywere the just have to knock u to take u off yr feet
        am i right in thinking there like a neopolitan mastiff,handsome.

Comment

I also think dogs should be treated like cars, and owners should have to pay insurance based on what breed they have. There will always be a snapper in every breed, but for instance a daschund owner should be paying a low premium, whereas an owner of say a larger, potentially more dangerous dog like a rotweiler or hefty terrier type dogs should pay more, and the proceeds go to funding the dog control system, RSPCA etc.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

I am a breeder and exhibitor of a so called dangerous breed of dog.They have never shown any form of aggression towards humans and are really affectionate,even to strangers.Does this mean I fully trust them? NO,NEVER they are dogs and we cannot read their minds or try to guess their reactions to certain situations.Dangerous breeds require management and their owners should always be in control of any situation.Common sense comes into dog ownership and it does seem to be lacking in a lot of the instances we read about,Ive seen kids walking 12 stone dogs and I have no doubt that they would not be able to restrain them,should the need arise.

Comment

Father liam,youve hit the nail on the head,common sense or lack of it is probhably the biggest issue with dog owners,(not all)most dog thrive on dicipline&training,
              im afraid a lot of owners just see there dogs as a trophy kind of thing,and to hell with the circumstances.

Comment

Dogs to my mind arn't trained, they are programmed to behave the way WE see fit. They are all decendants of wolves and therefore have a primal instinct that cannot be programmed out of them.
                Dogs left to run wild will quickly revert to type, ie a pack hunting animal. Anyone who thinks all dogs are domesticated are fooling themselves.
                On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Why weren't the dogs on a lead?
                  Why weren't they muzzled?
                  The bottom line is,if these precautions were taken,the poor little girl wouldn't have been mauled by them! I'm a dog lover too,but it's 100% the fault of the owners! All dogs should be on a lead in a public place I reckon.
                  Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                  Alwight tweacle?

Comment

i only go fishing were i can take my dog,i take him walking every day without fail,and he as more brains than a lot of humans whats is name ;;BERTIE;;

Comment

Working...
                    X