Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Ford Transit burgundy red... need the colour code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Transit burgundy red... need the colour code

Hi guys,

I have 2 vans, both have been resprayed in this burgundy red colour so i know its a popular common colour, only its not on the shelf at halfords as ive tried them all most obvious was burgundy red but was too dark...

has anyone got a transit in original colour so to get the code off the plate inside the passenger door.

the van is an 02... see pics

Yes i took the decal off the side !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dohhhh

Comment

Most paint is mixed to what is either RAL or BS4800 colour codes, if yours has been resprayed to this, and it was not a MFR original, good luck!

The burgundy you found may be something like, reds are well known for fading, especially if traffic film remover is used. Alot of industrial paint suppliers have equipment to colour match from a dried sample, you just need to find a painted part of your van small enough to give them..

Have a search for RAL or BS4800 colours, but bear in mind what you see on screen may be nothing like, although it might be an exact match in real life. Try your local paint supplier for charts, or let them see a van.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Forgot to say, unless you don't want it to look like a sows ear, you will probably need to respray the whole side panel, to the nearest joint or edge.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

cheers bud

Comment

or get a bigger sticker
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

bttt

Comment

Originally posted by richierich2347 View Post
                Hi guys,

I have 2 vans, both have been resprayed in this burgundy red colour so i know its a popular common colour, only its not on the shelf at halfords as ive tried them all most obvious was burgundy red but was too dark...

has anyone got a transit in original colour so to get the code off the plate inside the passenger door.

the van is an 02... see pics
                Ask the same question on here Rich...Ford Transit Forum • View forum - Transitmania 2010 better chance of getting an answer on a fishing forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickangler View Post
                  Ask the same question on here Rich...Ford Transit Forum • View forum - Transitmania 2010 better chance of getting an answer on a fishing forum.
                  seeing how helpful people can be on here, the hope was someone would put a link to a site where i can ask the question ?!? if you see what i mean

Comment

Working...
                  X