Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

This countries recession..!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This countries recession..!

How to get this country out of the recession, imo.
    Can i point out straight away that im no racist by and stretch, but here goes..

If we make the rule's for non eu and eu "working" immigrants the same, ie, if you have a trade that we need then your welcome. ie doctors,nurses. If not then im sorry but we look after our own FIRST.

Then surely we could open up and absolute massive hole in the uk workforce, the amount of blokes i speak to that are out of work and have no trade or the one they did work in has gone is untrue, But are more than capeable of doing a decent days work on a factory line of some shape form etc..
    If the government feels that by getting people off the dole and into work is the way forward, by giving us more capital to spend then surely its something they have to look at sooner rather than later.

Ive been a carer for my misses for 6 yrs, and now our youngest child is old enough to get himself to and from school, im able to start looking gingerly for a job. But trying to find a job in Lincs or anywhere else in the county is getting beyond a joke, ive even tried to register with the local employment agency, its ran by Polish/Latvian immigrants, they dont even ring you back!!
    How they hell is a 40 yr old who worked as a Vacuum Forming supervisor/Production Manager for 10 yrs previous to looking after the her in doors spose to go about it.!!!!

PS. My old trade is dead in the water as 90% of the work we used to do is now done by more recycleable cardboard units.
    Effort = Reward.

I couldnt agree with you more ian. I myself spent 2 years at college after leaving school and couldnt get a job anywhere. Im now 21 and have finally found a job (not the job i want but its a job). The goverment may feel that the way forward is getting people off the dole and into work however the problem i came across was the so called "advisors" at the job centre. More than half of them in my local job centre didnt care about you as an individual. Around my area i would say the majority of young people on the dole are their because they dont want a job or they cant be bothered to get a job. This infuriates me because all young people then get tarnished with the same brush. I wouldnt know what to say about how you would go about getting a job now but all i can suggest is keep trying and dont give up.

P.S employment agencys are crap, i reckon half of them work on comission. An employment agency once got me an interview and when i went for the interview they told me i didnt have the qualifications that they were looking for, yet the emplyment agency told me that my qualifications were more than enough.
    Last edited by hurricane; 15 September 2010, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Well you all had your chance in the recent election by voting for the ONLY party who would have done something about it...and blew it!!

Comment

and what party would have done something about it? All of the parties have false promises on what they are going to do and what not theyre going to do.

Comment

If i remember rightly, none of them mentioned anything in a negative way towards the EU immigrants, apart from the NF, BNP, and maybe the UK Independance.

My feeling is, if the BNP became just a little more main stream and stopped being compared with the NF so much they would become very quickly the 4th biggest party in the country.

If just one of the main stream parties, had said something along the lines im thinking then im sure they would of won with a landslide, as i doubt theres many people around this country that dont have some concerns due to the EU immigrants.

The main issue with politicians imo is they dont live in the real world,
          Firstly, they dont have to struggle to get a job,
          they also dont have to rely on Child Benefit payments, They very rarely have to worry too much about a police presence walking down their road to give some sort of safe feeling, both things that the "normal" man will soon have to worry about after theyve chopped the public pockets!!
          Hey if it took us 30 yrs to get into the amount of trouble were in then why not take the blame, and cover the cost to get us out of it in the same amount of time..!!
          Effort = Reward.

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
            Well you all had your chance in the recent election by voting for the ONLY party who would have done something about it...and blew it!!

If that's referring to the BNP, you are having a tinny mate. Their ideas regarding immigration are so far off the mark they would actually do damage to the economy with thier blanket bans on non-UK workers. You have to remember that the bulk of immigrant workers are paying thier dues, and contributing to the country.

However, the fact that the BNP are moving up the ranks and becoming a 'player' in the overall governmental scheme of things can only be a good thing in letting the more credible parties sit up and take notice that there is an issue. There is also the underlying problem that a large percentage of the white indidgenous UK population are a bunch of freeloading scroungers, that I personally wouldn't give the steam off my urine.

Before we can turn willing non-UK workers away, we have to be in a position to say "sorry, we don't need you because we are all happy working our socks off, and there are no jobs left". Never going to happen until the UK sorts it's own scroungers out.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
              Before we can turn willing non-UK workers away, we have to be in a position to say "sorry, we don't need you because we are all happy working our socks off, and there are no jobs left". Never going to happen until the UK sorts it's own scroungers out.
              Luke, But by cutting benefits to the stage that the "scroungers" have to work is a good thing, BUT, there has to be non trade/menial factory jobs out there for people to get..
              Ive spent a couple of weeks getting a feel for the area i live in and literally there isnt anything around here that you dont have to go through a "foreigner" to get and sadly an English man that cant speak fluent Polish wont get a look in!!
              Effort = Reward.

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
                If that's referring to the BNP, you are having a tinny mate. Their ideas regarding immigration are so far off the mark they would actually do damage to the economy with thier blanket bans on non-UK workers. You have to remember that the bulk of immigrant workers are paying thier dues, and contributing to the country.

However, the fact that the BNP are moving up the ranks and becoming a 'player' in the overall governmental scheme of things can only be a good thing in letting the more credible parties sit up and take notice that there is an issue. There is also the underlying problem that a large percentage of the white indidgenous UK population are a bunch of freeloading scroungers, that I personally wouldn't give the steam off my urine.

I concur Luke it seems after a dodgy start ( you know what I mean ) you're the voice of reason. & another thing how can anyone say he's not a racist then every post made refers to Eastern Europeans.
                I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

It's a sad state of affairs,ian-i feel for you,mate! Unfortunately this country is heading down the gary glitter! We englishmen and women don't stand a chance!
                  Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                  Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
                    another thing how can anyone say he's not a racist then every post made refers to Eastern Europeans.

My reference is to Eastern Europeans because of where i live, i ask you to walk down the high street here in Boston, and listen for a English voice walk past you,other than the older generation you would be lucky to hear maybe 20% of the adults speak English. I could also make reference to my hometown of Leicester, the first city in this country where the English man is in a minority, and thats down to the amount of Asians.. But due to the fact im NOT racist i havent made any reference to that, nor them.
                    My sole argument is, this,. isnt it about time we stopped the flood gates of foreigners coming in and let the English man in his own country become the priority and not an after thought in the workplace..""
                    Effort = Reward.

Comment

If you are english, and of a slightly bone idle nature, where is the incentive to get off your backside when the government gives you free money. I met a lad the other week that was 28 and had 9 kids. He was a decent lad, and I got the impression he 'worked', but the work he described suggested it was all tax free....

If you are on welfare, there should be a limit for 2 kids paid for IMO. Africa isn't in the state it's in because there's no food or water, it's because they don't know how to put a rubber on.
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

What constitutes an Englishman ? Not the colour of his skin that's for sure. I work with Asians who are as English as me.
                        If you are born here you are English. As for eastern europeans taking all the unskilled work.
                        The jobs must have been there in the first place for them to take.
                        On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

If im totally honest, im split into 2 minds with foreigners coming into this country and taking the jobs. I mean put yourself in their position, they have a chance to come here (not border jumpers but people who come here to work legit) and earn money. Who can blame them? But then on the other hand, i agree with english jobs for english people. The way the country is, it will take forever and a day to put right and i dont believe for 1 minute that whatever party is in, will sort the country out.

Comment

One thing to remember is, if it wasn't for some of these "Immigrants" there wouldn't be many Doctors and there would be even more staff shortages at the NHS than there is already.

Unfortunately Ian there isn't many jobs out there and when there is they hire in house or rehire people they've let go. And it's going to get worse.

There is bone idle in all walks of life British or not but what i don't agree with is cutting the benefits of the Disabled/ill and genuine people genuinely looking for jobs. Once they start to do that crime will go up and there will be big trouble especially with less Policeman(140,000 do lose there job). Cutting money that isn't alot already is only going to lead to bad things, people can't live on it as it is. Food prices are due to rise again soon aswell as is alot of things.

But as usual the poor will be hurt.

Read this blog i found yesterday quite a good read.

Where's the Benefit?

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
                              What constitutes an Englishman ? Not the colour of his skin that's for sure. I work with Asians who are as English as me.
                              If you are born here you are English. As for eastern europeans taking all the unskilled work.
                              The jobs must have been there in the first place for them to take.
                              Don't forget these jobs were there before, whilst we were in a property boom and we had jobs. There was enough jobs for everyone at the time but now there isn't as there isn't many big construction projects going now nor is there many jobs in anything.

So surely them jobs should be made available to the British man, i'm not saying turf them all out but what i am saying is, if there is British man that can do the same job that is occupied by a Non-British then surely he should get the job.

Comment

Working...
                              X