Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooters

Hello All

Just wondering how many of you fine gentlemen and women enjoy shooting aswell as fishing. I personally like both as much as each other but do tend to find i fish more in the warmer months and shoot more in the cooler months. I think the reason for this is i like air rifle shooting the most and find hunting in the woods a lot better without the leaves on the trees obscuring the prey. Also the fishing in winter is nowhere near as good as summer. My personal weapon of choice is my daystate mk3 in the mans calibre. Whats yours?

Regards shooter

I have a BSA mercury knocking around in my garage i never use any more..
    I used to go to a club to practice shhoting metal fake animals and trying not to be big headed i was rather good,
    Never tried hunting though. Wouldnt like to kill animals
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

I sold up my air guns to help pay the deposit on my first house, bit miffed now, as alot of the places I visit through work are rife with rabbits.

I did ok at field target, bagged a few placcy trophys, at the age of 15 I won a spinner target shoot off against the club crack at 60yds with my trusty HW77, vs his daystate midas?, though I still believe to this day he threw it to boost my ego. It was the tensest moment of my life to this day, taking on the 'don' was not to be trifled with!

I had a mint HW77 with custom tyrolean, a daystate huntsman ( heaviest airgun in the world ) , a theoben 90 (.22) at highly illegal FTLB's, and a theoben scirroco, HW80etc, all great fun, AND ALL ( bar the 90 ) IN .177!

.22 is great for rats, but .177 with bisley magnums was better I found for wopping power with a flatter trajectory.

I have been toying recently with the idea of getting another, a bullpup or compact PCP, but they are big till!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Used to shoot handguns back before they were banned, did ok in comps, also did archery for 30 odd years at all levels plus went to the US many times hunting, I have no prob shooting an animal if its going to be eaten but I'd never shoot one just for the hell of it, well except a rattler that bit me but I kept its rattle after i got the jab, Az desert is full of them
        Baits designed and proven to catch fish, not anglers

[URL]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/URL]

Comment

S&W 686. 45ACP CZ 85 9MM and a STAR 22lr for plinking.
          Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Note to self:

Never sell anything to hurricane either.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
              I sold up my air guns to help pay the deposit on my first house, bit miffed now, as alot of the places I visit through work are rife with rabbits.

I did ok at field target, bagged a few placcy trophys, at the age of 15 I won a spinner target shoot off against the club crack at 60yds with my trusty HW77, vs his daystate midas?, though I still believe to this day he threw it to boost my ego. It was the tensest moment of my life to this day, taking on the 'don' was not to be trifled with!

I had a mint HW77 with custom tyrolean, a daystate huntsman ( heaviest airgun in the world ) , a theoben 90 (.22) at highly illegal FTLB's, and a theoben scirroco, HW80etc, all great fun, AND ALL ( bar the 90 ) IN .177!

.22 is great for rats, but .177 with bisley magnums was better I found for wopping power with a flatter trajectory.

I have been toying recently with the idea of getting another, a bullpup or compact PCP, but they are big till!
              These small enough?

Comment

Crossman?

Middle is PCP, are the other two pump ups?
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

5 years ago on new years night i had to have the best Springer spanial i ever had put to sleep it absolutely devastated me ,i kid you not lads heartbroken i really was and anyone who knows me well they would'nt belive it .
                  Well i had 2 greeners side by sides shot guns with 36 inch barrels all ingraved beautiful they were but the next day i walked into the market place and gave them away to the first bloke i saw who i know had a licence,just gave them away and never picked up a gun since.
                  Six weeks later a knock on my door and a lady asks "you lost your springer a few weeks ago i think ?"
                  "WELL I'M LOOKING AFTER ONE FOR A LADY WHO WANTS TO GET RID OF ONE"
                  Anyway needless to say at this moment he is laying on the top of the stairs watching me cos he knows its time for his walk ,bless him he's a belter and not had to teach him a thing he's that good but shooting again i think it would be too much for me ,and thats from someone who shot all his life ,funny how things pan out you know !

Comment

Did you accidentally hit your dog? Is that why you put it to sleep?

Apologies for a daft question.
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Crossman?

Middle is PCP, are the other two pump ups?
                      The one on the right is a pump up pistol with shoulder stock,the other 2 are Co2s A king ratcatcher and an umarex 850 magnum carbine.

Comment

Did you accidentally hit your dog? Is that why you put it to sleep?

Apologies for a daft question.
                        luke my wife yes i would consider ? but my dog you must be having a laugh mate lol

Comment

I have a umarex FS92 rep, quite accurate for what it is.
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by herbert the turbut View Post
                            luke my wife yes i would consider ? but my dog you must be having a laugh mate lol
                            I can't understand your original post. It goes from having to put down your dog to giving your guns away, I assumed there was a connection?
                            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I have a umarex FS92 rep, quite accurate for what it is.
                              And ive got the 1911 to remind me of the proper one i used to own.

Comment

Working...
                              X